Options

Wedding Rings and Perfume

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited October 18, 2010 in Weddings
This is the first time while in Egypt that I've been able to do any prep shots of either the B or G, they just don't do it here..... well they are just starting to now for the higher end weddings but that's it.

I'm interested to know your thoughts on combining the elements like this, did it work, didn't it, what could I do another time etc. I'm already thinking bring the main rings forward to make more focus on them so they are not over powered by the perfume and also possibly lose the engagement ring, but I don't know..... over to the experts!!!

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    This is the first time while in Egypt that I've been able to do any prep shots of either the B or G, they just don't do it here..... well they are just starting to now for the higher end weddings but that's it.

I'm interested to know your thoughts on combining the elements like this, did it work, didn't it, what could I do another time etc. I'm already thinking bring the main rings forward to make more focus on them so they are not over powered by the perfume and also possibly lose the engagement ring, but I don't know..... over to the experts!!!

Wish we could smell the scent over the internet and in the photo. haha if only right? Did it smell nice? If you could slow the shutter to the perfume being blown into or by the rings that might be a nice capture. But it would be a pain to set up.

I would definitely add more prep/details into your work! As for the photo itself? I would lose the tilt. And experiment the placements of the rings. What you have is nice, but I would also love to see the rings on top of the perfume's cap, or on the shadow of the cap, .. I think you get the point. Also try different areas, and with different details! But keep all the rings in the shot(s)!!!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2010
    Wish we could smell the scent over the internet and in the photo. haha if only right? Did it smell nice? If you could slow the shutter to the perfume being blown into or by the rings that might be a nice capture. But it would be a pain to set up.

I would definitely add more prep/details into your work! As for the photo itself? I would lose the tilt. And experiment the placements of the rings. What you have is nice, but I would also love to see the rings on top of the perfume's cap, or on the shadow of the cap, .. I think you get the point. Also try different areas, and with different details! But keep all the rings in the shot(s)!!!

Thanks for the info :)

Yep it smelt nice but not enough for me to buy the wife some Laughing.gif. I certainly will play around more ready for when I'm back in the UK. Usually I've kept it simple with rings so this was something new to try for a change. I only have one confirmed wedding now until I return to the UK on the 10th Nov so will see what I can come up with there, might play with some ideas using rings of friends (and our wedding rings too) to see how it goes.

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    Gorgeous shot, and as long as you also captured a non-tilted shot too, I have no input to make the image better... It's gorgeous!!

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2010
    Gorgeous shot, and as long as you also captured a non-tilted shot too, I have no input to make the image better... It's gorgeous!!

=Matt=

Wow, thanks Matt, high praise for sure from one of the best on here!

However, when I got home I did kick myself a lot with a selection of the photos as I go through phases of shooting everything very straight and then go too far the other way by having lots with a lean and there isn't a straight version of them. I need to get this aspect under control. So yes, you guessed it, this is one of the shots that is only with a lean :(

I will make sure I learn my lesson, straight shots in the bag then add a lean if the subject calls for it.