D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    Is this your son and his lady as you predicted a couple of months back? Congrats to all! thumb.gif
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    CONGRATS, Jeff! Woohoo!

Sent you an email - if it sent two, sorry :D I got excited.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    What a beauty! The ring and the shot! Does this mean congrats are in order in your family??
    What lens, BTW?
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    Is this your son and his lady as you predicted a couple of months back? Congrats to all! thumb.gif

Yup!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2010
    marikris wrote: »
    CONGRATS, Jeff! Woohoo!

Sent you an email - if it sent two, sorry :D I got excited.

Thats cool. I am working this weekend and wont get a chance to check that email until tonight.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2010
    Elaine wrote: »
    What a beauty! The ring and the shot! Does this mean congrats are in order in your family??
    What lens, BTW?

I thought the ring was gorgeous as well...and yes...looks like we will be officially getting a new daughter next June. My son has found his perfect match.

Shot with the 17-55 F2.8 IS. I sold the closest thing to a MACRO Ive ever owned a few years ago(Tamron 28-75 F2.8). This is a pretty deep crop.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    I thought the ring was gorgeous as well...and yes...looks like we will be officially getting a new daughter next June. My son has found his perfect match.

Gorgeous colors...and nice ring. Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding.

Don't see much of you around here anymore...where have you been?
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2010
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Gorgeous colors...and nice ring. Congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding.

Don't see much of you around here anymore...where have you been?

Thanks Ed.

Ive been pretty busy. Mostly at my REAL job. Aside from that we are in the midst of moving. We sold our home of 19 years much quicker than we expected (2 weeks) and had to intensify our search for a new home. We should close and move within the next couple of weeks. I didnt expect that I would be busier in general after my kids moved away, but that has happened. I have been pushing any photography work to spring or AWAY until I can find the time.
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    Soon to be new family member and new home...congrats again. Well, don't be a stranger...I, for one, miss your good advice...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
    Oh, sweet!
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2010
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    Thanks Ed.

Ive been pretty busy. Mostly at my REAL job. Aside from that we are in the midst of moving. We sold our home of 19 years much quicker than we expected (2 weeks) and had to intensify our search for a new home. We should close and move within the next couple of weeks. I didnt expect that I would be busier in general after my kids moved away, but that has happened. I have been pushing any photography work to spring or AWAY until I can find the time.

Hook me up with that real estate agent. We've been trying to sell for the past half a year (or more > I don't even remember anymore). SOOOOO sick of cleaning! headscratch.gif

Congrats to the engagement, VERY exciting, and am I interpreting that right, marikris is gonna be the photographer? mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Hook me up with that real estate agent. We've been trying to sell for the past half a year (or more > I don't even remember anymore). SOOOOO sick of cleaning! headscratch.gif

Congrats to the engagement, VERY exciting, and am I interpreting that right, marikris is gonna be the photographer? mwink.gif

I was expecting ours to be for sale for at least several months. We were caught with our pants down on the quick sale. I can't imagine having to prep the house every single day for that long. Bet you are exhausted.

Im not sure who the photog for their wedding will be. It isnt my decision. I knew she would ask if I knew of anyone, and I also knew that Kris had come to New Orleans to shoot a wedding, so....I will put them in touch.....a referral.thumb.gif