Options

Miscellaneous mountain biking shots

jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
edited January 22, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is one of my favorites, taken of Dave Nash on the Tahoe Rim Trail. I love the intensity on his face and there's just enough blurring of the arms to show he was working hard. (Yes, I almost got taken out right after that shot. He was moving.)

P7080067.sized.jpg

I loved the sticks and log in the foreground on this next shot, but didn't quite capture the biker the way I wanted.

P7080080.sized.jpg

I just think this next one is ... pretty. I loved the way the browns and greys mixed on the tree trunk. Could have done with a polarizing filter, I think, but hey we were in the middle of nowhere on the Colorado Trail so you work with what you've got....

p7300096-med.jpg

Here I was trying to get the majesty of the cliffs and, incidentally, show how rough a ride it was. I was looking for a little bit brighter mood, unfortunately, and the road looks a lot less rough than it was.

p8020164-med.jpg
jim frost
jimf@frostbytes.com

Comments

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    jimf wrote:
    I loved the sticks and log in the foreground on this next shot, but didn't quite capture the biker the way I wanted.

P7080080.sized.jpg
    Jim;
    I like the concept and understand that you didn't quite get what you wanted, but from a purely technical point of view wish you would expose an f-stop down. Here is your shot with a +10% saturation and a .7 Gamma:
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    jimfjimf Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Jim;
    I like the concept and understand that you didn't quite get what you wanted, but from a purely technical point of view wish you would expose an f-stop down. Here is your shot with a +10% saturation and a .7 Gamma:

Hey, that's quite an improvement, thanks. The camera was on full-auto at the time, though even if I'd been looking for the overexposure I probably would have missed it; the little LCD just doesn't show detail well. And since we were riding a technical section at altitude, tiring everyone out fast, I didn't get another chance at it anyway.

I understand the gamma change, but what are you trying to accomplish with saturation? I tend not to muck with that unless I'm looking for surrealism.
    jim frost
    jimf@frostbytes.com