Smug Wallet - Iphone App

Comments

• jdorseydesignjdorseydesign Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    Thanks for the new update with background syncing support! I'm assuming you are limited to the 10 minutes to complete a task in iOS though?

Edit: Ha! I love the push notification to let you resume! Awesome way to work around the limitations of background processing!
    J Dorsey Design Photography • jdorseydesign.com • Facebook Fan/Friend • Twitter @bartdorsey
  • mattwrightmattwright Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2010
    Ha! I love the push notification to let you resume! Awesome way to work around the limitations of background processing!

Yeah, was going to mention that, but you beat me to it! iOS has a thing called Local Notifications so the app just checks for remaining background time to complete syncing and if there is less than 100 seconds available, it will alert you that you are about to run out of time, but can resume to gain another 10 minutes.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • derfderf Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2010
    I see the price is down to $2.99 . I pad much more, and feel the the product is worth 10 fold the price I paid. Wow this is now a steal! Sorry, this is the best reason to own an iPhone. Thanks Again...Your my hero! clap.gif

Lovin the new ios4 updates and iPhone 4 in use here!wings.gif

The other day I was shooting video on my iPhone 4 and needed a ton of space.... I deleted the app and all data and very quickly had 4 gig extra.... Downloaded the video's and redownloaded from the app store and downloaded the 23k photos! LOVIN IT! wings.gifwings.gifwings.gif
  • rainkingrainking Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 22, 2010
    So I purchased this app a couple days ago and started to syn my photos. Then today, the app will not start at all. I've tried rebooting my iphone several times, end tasking the app and even tried deleting it and reinstalling it to no avail. Please help.
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,007 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2010
    SmugWallet shuts down
    I uploaded photos from about six galleries today and when done I clicked the left
    (browse) icon at the bottom. The app shut down. Clicking icon of desktop
    opens blank page and then immediately shuts down. I rebooted the iPhone
    but this still happens. Any idea what's going on?
    Latest version on 3Gs v 4.0.1
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • rainkingrainking Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 22, 2010
    Allen wrote: »
    I uploaded photos from about six galleries today and when done I clicked the left
    (browse) icon at the bottom. The app shut down. Clicking icon of desktop

Same thing happening to me.
    edited October 22, 2010
    The app shut down. Clicking icon of desktop

I have no idea what's going on, but I'm going to look into it. Considering that there were no complaints about this for weeks now and then this morning I had 10 messages in my inbox, I am guessing something changed on the SmugMug site to cause this, but I don't know yet.

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
    edited October 22, 2010
    As a followup, SmugMug changed an API response that SmugWallet relies on. I am hoping they can fix this soon:

http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=181439

Fixing it on SmugMug's end is the quickest way forward, and I assume it is an oversight at this point. If they can't do it, I can code a workaround, but it takes about a week for Apple to approve updates lately.
    edited October 24, 2010
    Is it really true it's working now but have to re-install the app? And download
    over 16,000 photos again?
    edited October 24, 2010
    Is it really true it's working now but have to re-install the app? And download
    over 16,000 photos again?

Unfortunately, that is the case. The bug caused a corrupted database in SmugWallet if you synced while the bug was live. In cases like this, where you have too many photos to resync, I could send you a special build to fix it. Email me at support@midnightmobility.com. Otherwise, delete the app and reinstall/resync to fix it. You won't be charged twice. Sorry!

Matt Wright
    Midnight Mobility
  • dwaynedwayne Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 4, 2010
    I have smug wallet on my Iphone 4. It worked for a while, but recently when I tap the icon the screen goes blank, like it is opening the app, but then returns to the "desk top" screen without opening the app (at least as far as I can tell). I have the latest updates to the OS (which might actually be the problem).

I have reported this through the app store...any one else with this problem?
  • twincitiesphototwincitiesphoto Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    there was a post about this - I had to delete the app and reinstall it from the app store to fix the issue - that will take care of it - unfortunately you'll need to redownload your photos again.

dwayne wrote: »
    I have smug wallet on my Iphone 4. It worked for a while, but recently when I tap the icon the screen goes blank, like it is opening the app, but then returns to the "desk top" screen without opening the app (at least as far as I can tell). I have the latest updates to the OS (which might actually be the problem).

I have reported this through the app store...any one else with this problem?
  • dwaynedwayne Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 4, 2010
    there was a post about this - I had to delete the app and reinstall it from the app store to fix the issue - that will take care of it - unfortunately you'll need to redownload your photos again.

doh, I should know by now to read the WHOLE thread...thanks
  • coolbreeze1coolbreeze1 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 6, 2010
    how to show to smugmug account
    I have two smugmug accounts for different businesses and was wondering how I can use smugwallet for both accounts on my iPhone?

Thanks.
  • SouwalkerSouwalker Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Am I correct in understanding that SmugWallet downloads all the photos from my Smugmug account? Can I select the galleries I want only? I really do not want 1000's of photos in my iPhone hogging disk space.

Rgds
    edited December 11, 2010
    Souwalker wrote: »
    Am I correct in understanding that SmugWallet downloads all the photos from my Smugmug account? Can I select the galleries I want only? I really do not want 1000's of photos in my iPhone hogging disk space.

Rgds
    You select exactly what galleries are downloaded.
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2010
    Yes you can select galleries and even delete on your iPhone individual images you don't want to gave in it.

But even so, I have 2k images in 96 galleries on my iTouch and they only take 174MB of space of my half full 32GB.

And I have a ton of apps and tunes.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited December 13, 2010
    Is this app worth getting? What size are the pics kept on the iPhone?

There are a few apps around i.e. SmugView, Blossom. Not tried any of those so I cannot comment. I'm just ensurng I am getting the right app. At the moment I am using Smugmug's mobile site.

Rgds
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010

There are a few apps around i.e. SmugView, Blossom. Not tried any of those so I cannot comment. I'm just ensurng I am getting the right app. At the moment I am using Smugmug's mobile site.

Rgds

Do the math from my numbers. They are at 480 pixels.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
    edited December 13, 2010

Rgds
    In SmugWallet I have downloaded 20581 photos in 492 galleries and it's only using 1.2 GB of my 14GB.
    edited December 13, 2010
    My Brother-in-law just tried to download and it says no longer available. Any clues?

Rgds
  • adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    Has any noticed how some images will just never download? Is there any way to identify the images that are causing problems and possibly refresh them? I have 36 images in 2 galleries that just won't load, and no way to identify them.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
    edited December 14, 2010
    It's now no longer available?
    edited December 16, 2010
    I installed the app last night.
    This morning, via the app, I signed in and SmugWallet displayed all my Categories etc. I then proceeded to select only 2 galleries of about 10 pics. I hit the sync button then I pressed the 'Search' button to search and download. SmugWallet displayed a connection error of some sort. Cannot remember the exact wordings. Now when I try to hit the search button, nothing happens.
    Any clues?
    Rgds
    edited December 16, 2010
    I installed the app last night.
    This morning, via the app, I signed in and SmugWallet displayed all my Categories etc. I then proceeded to select only 2 galleries of about 10 pics. I hit the sync button then I pressed the 'Search' button to search and download. SmugWallet displayed a connection error of some sort. Cannot remember the exact wordings. Now when I try to hit the search button, nothing happens.
    Any clues?
    Rgds
    Restarting the phone might help. This has worked in the past when it locks up.
  • afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2011
    I am so thrilled with SmugWallet!! What a perfect way to have all my photos on my iphone. Thank you a million times for building this fantastic app.

I do have a couple feature requests after downloading nearly 15k photos/137 galleries/1GB.

-Scroll or wrap long gallery names. I have several private galleries that have the same name as my public gallery, but end in "COMPLETE". These are just unedited, unretouched backups of all the jpgs from a shoot. I don't want to download those. It's difficult to determine the difference between the two galleries to choose the right one to sync.

-This is probably unrealistic, but it would be amazing if there was a way to download all the photos locally on my computer and then sync to my iphone via itunes. Seems to me that would be much faster and less prone to breakage (though admittedly, I have had very few problems doing it through my iphone)

-Finally, I continually have 6 photos in 4 galleries that will not sync. Is there any way to determine which photos they are, or at least which galleries they come from? As I said above, I have 15K photos in 137 galleries so far and still going.

None of these are deal breakers for me...this app is amazing...but I thought they were worth mentioning.

Thank you so much!

Adam
    edited February 17, 2011
    afarber wrote: »

-Finally, I continually have 6 photos in 4 galleries that will not sync. Is there any way to determine which photos they are, or at least which galleries they come from? As I said above, I have 15K photos in 137 galleries so far and still going.

None of these are deal breakers for me...this app is amazing...but I thought they were worth mentioning.

Thank you so much!

Adam
    Did you try to reboot the iphone? Think this might clear that up.
  • afarberafarber Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2011
    Did you try to reboot the iphone? Think this might clear that up.

I did reboot and it solved it for 2 photos. It still shows 4 photos in 2 galleries available to download, but will not download them.

Thanks!
  • jrsforumsjrsforums Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2011
    EXIF data
    I am a relatively new user of SmugWallet....and like it quite a bit.

One thing that, to me, is missing, is the ability to show the EXIF metadata.

Are there plans to add this in a future release?

Thanks....John
  • blakezieblakezie Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 20, 2011
    Download Failed
    This post concerns SmugWallet on the iPad, Gen 1.

I have tried to update my iPad and it tells me there are 47 images to download, however, the download continues through all 47 then it says download failed and I get none of them.

This has happened repeatedly.

Help