Options

Shopping Cart Improvement Suggestion...

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited October 25, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
My focus this year will be selling more prints. I used to sell quite a bit of prints but as many have seen, that sales channel is dwindling, so I'm looking for better ways to sell prints.

I network with a number of other photogs and we recently got talking about shopping carts. Well I viewed one today that, to me, was just awesome. It really focuses the customers on buying prints. It's by www.instaproofs.com

I love the way the print quantity and size drop down box is directly with the image. This is huge to me. I would love it if Smugmug did something like this for Pros. Maybe it would be made into the gallery style, called something like Cart Gallery, or something similar.

1063149145_dGYuc-O.jpg

I love Smugmug. But I think providing an integrated approach of showing the image and allowing them to add it to your cart on the same page is just brilliant.

Currently I use the stretchy smugmug layout for my events. The photos look great filling the screen ( I do restrict the image size to large, watermark them, and restrict right clicking). But the only spur to purchase prints is the buy button top right. I'm looking to sell many more prints.

What do you think of this layout?

I hope someone from Smugmug sees this and takes note. I may have to give these guys a try just to see if the layout of the cart generates more sales.

Comments