Options

C1 Pro

timbrowntimbrown Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
edited June 5, 2004 in Finishing School
I've scanned through many post regarding C1 Pro.
Could someone please tell what are the main advantages to this application (over the Canon App or Photoshop CS). Please excuse the newbie question .
Thanks in advance.
Tim

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2004
    Good question, Tim. I'm about to start shooting RAW, and would also like to learn.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2004
    I use C1 SE on a Mac. Note that there are differences between the Mac app and the Windows app in pricing and also in performance.

RawWorkflow.com is a great place to get more information.

I prefer C1 over Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) because of it's improved workflow. It's much easier to process large numbers of files. I also get better results. Part of this is due to the fact that I am simply more used to C1 than ACR, but I believe it truly gives better results. That is a point of controversy, however.

I doubt that anyone on this thread is going to need the Pro version, and if you do you could always upgrade. Pro includes the ability to tether your camera directly to your computer for studio shoots. It does other things, too, but if you're just getting into RAW shooting, I doubt that they'll be worth the extra money to you at this point.

If you decide to use ACR, definitely check out Dr. Brown's Image Processor. Even if you don't use ACR, his tutorial is a great view.

Here are the tutorials for C1 . And you can download demos here .

RAW is awesome. Huge latitude and I love having an original "negative". The latitude has given me more latitude to screw up as I learn, but that's what learning's all about, right?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops