Options

Lincoln Woods: Rhode Island's Hidden Foliage Gem

HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited October 27, 2010 in Landscapes
Hello!

When most people hear the phrase "New England fall foliage", they first think of New Hampshire or Vermont.
But Rhode Island has plenty of brilliant fall foliage to offer - it just comes later in the season around late October. And one of the places to find it is a hidden gem nestled in between Rt 146 and Rt 123 in Lincoln, RI. It's Rhode island's first state park, Lincoln Woods. Here are some pictures of the fall foliage at Lincoln Woods taken last year (great better color all over) and this year (great color only in select areas.) Hope you like them.

1. Maples along the park road around sunset, during 2009's brilliant season.
874581508_utrwo-L.jpg

2. Canadian geese swimming in the large pond with a fiery backdrop, also from 2009.
874580665_32abn-L.jpg

3. Fall leaves in the water and along one of the coves in the pond, shot this year.
1063717005_Y2Lid-L.jpg

4. This is almost the same view as #1, except it was taken this year in the morning, giving it a whole different mood.
1063720501_jcTXg-L.jpg

For those not already familiar with our Foliage gallery, here's the link:
http://gonyeagalleries.smugmug.com/Nature-Landscapes/Fall-Foliage-1/12256753_tvZud#873762963_qgijF

Thanks for looking!
Lynne and Art

Comments

• Options
    bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    Really nice colors! I should head up there, it's relatively close to me.
  • Options
    PGMPGM Registered Users Posts: 2,007 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    I like #4 best--those colors just leap off the page!
  • Options
    Sexy6ChickSexy6Chick Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    Oh how I am craving fall colors. Really love #4..all I want to do is hop in my truck and drive down that road.
    ~*Natalie*~

A lover of all things photography.

Olympus E-500

My Smugmug Gallery
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2010
    Memory Lane
    Great shots of a great gem.thumb.gif

Your photos brought back fond memories as we often visited Lincoln Woods as undergrads while attending college in Smithfield, it usually was the race track at Lincoln Woods but, frequently we would find ourselves driving down these same roads.

Fall certainly is a great season to drive along Rt 7, 141, and the surrounding areas.

Haven't been back in over 20+ years, thanks for sharing these shots and again, bringing back some great memories not only of Lincoln Woods but my time spent in Smithfield and RI.clap.gif
  • Options
    jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2010
    All of them are beautiful pics so colorful the windy road ones are my favs thanks for sharing:)
  • Options
    HaveCameraWillTravelHaveCameraWillTravel Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Thanks, to all who replied, for the compliments. I'm glad to have evoked some fond memories from this post!