Options

GeoTagging working well for me

jwcoffeejwcoffee Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
edited October 26, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Well, SmugMug has done it again for me. I am now able to load geotag info into my image EXIF (I happen to use GeoSetter, along with my DeLorme GPS and Nikon D70).

And now I can upload those images to a gallery and the Map This function works...and when on the map itself by pushing Play I can actually travel the Track with thumbnails showing...and the zoom can be modified during the flight.

I quess that this change (being able to load geotag info in the EXIF) happened sometime within the last year or so.
If anyone wants to take a look at how this works here is the link to that gallery that I am talking about.

I realize that this is a support forum (the only forum that I subscribe to at SmugMug). And I realize that I am not asking for support...just saying thanks for following through on the GeoTagging challenge so well.

I am never reluctant to recommend SmugMug and Pro

-Jim Coffee-
Jim Coffee
Photographer, Panographer
James Coffee Studios
Escondido, CA

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2010
    Woop thanks Jim! :D
  • Options
    jwcoffeejwcoffee Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited October 26, 2010
    jwcoffee wrote: »
    Well, SmugMug has done it again for me. I am now able to load geotag info into my image EXIF (I happen to use GeoSetter, along with my DeLorme GPS and Nikon D70).

And now I can upload those images to a gallery and the Map This function works...and when on the map itself by pushing Play I can actually travel the Track with thumbnails showing...and the zoom can be modified during the flight.

And now the rest of the story: Not a complaint...just info for others...there is a "Map This" limit of 200 images per gallery that I was unaware of. So I had to break my 264 images into two galleries. No big deal...and works like a charm.

-Jim Coffee-
    Jim Coffee
    Photographer, Panographer
    James Coffee Studios
    Escondido, CA