Tabitha

reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
edited October 31, 2010 in People
From a recent shoot I did over the weekend.
I had to use my touch up skills on her complexion...please C&C at will :D

1064809857_GbK8k-L-1.jpg

1065935429_CvLPa-L.jpg

1066428147_BweJ5-L.jpg

1066446983_BnZfv-L.jpg

Thanks
Yo soy Reynaldo

Comments

• QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    I am digging #2
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • wolf911wolf911 Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    really like the natural light! #3 for me
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Really like #2. That last one would have been amazing...looks like the AF or a manual adjustment was on the sweater vest's leading edge as opposed to the eyes. I am, however, on a pretty sub-par monitor and the more I look, the more I...can't really tell. lol Anyone agree to either? The comps on the last 3 are very nice.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Thanks for the input guys....
    Darren you are coreect on #4, I missed her eyes with the focus point but I loved the light and went ahead processed the image anyway. I knew it was off and I figured someone here would catch it...good eye.

I have a shoot tomorrow at the same location at about the same time with a differnet young lady so I'll be looking for the same light.
    Tabitha was a bit of a challenge in post processing because of her acne so I got a lot of practice with her....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Very nice! The color scheme really lends itself to the dreamy eyed feel. Good job on the pp.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    clap.gif #4
    Canon Fan
  • kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    you definitely found some great light. i think #3 is my fave of the bunch. well done!
    Kristen
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    You can get away with blurring everything but the eyes. The eyes have to stay sharp.
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    These are great Rey. 2 and 4 for me. Seems like every time I get one shot that I absolutely love, pose, expression, lighting is just right and it's out of focus! Don't you hate that?

The eyes aren't too bad in four though. I think if you blur her shoulder a bit so the eyes are the most in focused point, it should be OK, especially at smaller print sizes.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    The face is too soft in 4. #3 is my pick of the set.

FWIW....take a look at #2 compared to #4. I think the light coming from her left makes her nose look much much straighter than coming from her right. It holds true for many portrait subjects that light from one direction or other is more flattering. Knowing and realizing that can greatly improve your portraits....once you can recognize this on site.deal.gif
  • TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Yeah, the focus in #4 really bothers me, but I just love the soft expression and pose, so it's still my favorite. Plus, I love her hair, lol
    Canon Fan
  • anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    The face is too soft in 4. #3 is my pick of the set.

FWIW....take a look at #2 compared to #4. I think the light coming from her left makes her nose look much much straighter than coming from her right. It holds true for many portrait subjects that light from one direction or other is more flattering. Knowing and realizing that can greatly improve your portraits....once you can recognize this on site.deal.gif

Very good eye Jeff. This is something I have been trying to remember and learn. The whole point of controlling light is to make your subject look as best as possible. Often I am so wrapped up in just getting the lighting correct that I forget to really look how it affects the person. I guess this comes with experience.

My Smug Site
    edited October 28, 2010
    I learn so much from being here it's my favorite place to be online among all you great folks.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I have an idea on how to "fix" the eyes on number four since I love the light so much. It involves cloning but I'm not sure I can pull it off...will have to try tonight.<o:p></o:p>
    Jeff, I see what you are saying about her nose but I didn't notice that before, thanks for pointing that out. <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" stroked="f" coordsize="21600,21600" filled="f" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1&quot;></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt; VISIBILITY: visible; mso-wrap-style: square" id=Picture_x0020_1 type="#_x0000_t75" alt="0" o:spid="_x0000_i1025"><v:imagedata o:title="0" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\rvarela\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><o:p></o:p>
    I had a shoot prior to hers and I didn't realize that my subject had the same expression in every single shot till I started to process them...so yeah....being aware while shooting would have saved me a lot of extra work that didn't need to be done.<o:p></o:p>

I appreciate everyone chiming in....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited October 28, 2010
    zoomer wrote: »
    You can get away with blurring everything but the eyes. The eyes have to stay sharp.

Agree 100 percent. :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited October 28, 2010
    Rey,

If you have another shot of her, where the lighting is close and the eyes are sharp, import the two images into Photoshop as layers and then use the Auto-Align feature in the Edit menu. You can then mask the sharp eyes in. I don't recall if the auto-align tool scales the images if they are different so you may have to align the eyes manually. Shouldn't be too difficult though.

My Smug Site
    edited October 28, 2010
    Rey,

If you have another shot of her, where the lighting is close and the eyes are sharp, import the two images into Photoshop as layers and then use the Auto-Align feature in the Edit menu. You can then mask the sharp eyes in. I don't recall if the auto-align tool scales the images if they are different so you may have to align the eyes manually. Shouldn't be too difficult though.

Is that feature available in in CS4?
    Will check that out
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited October 28, 2010
    Yes. I use CS4... haven't sprung for CS5 yet.

My Smug Site
    edited October 29, 2010
    Yes. I use CS4... haven't sprung for CS5 yet.

My ten year old has it because we got the huge discount for CS5 Extended because she's a student.
    I thought I would be able to use it every now and then but she's always using it to design graphics.....so no go. :D

There are some incredible updates in that version for photo editing.
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    My ten year old has it because we got the huge discount for CS5 Extended because she's a student.
    I thought I would be able to use it every now and then but she's always using it to design graphics.....so no go. :D

There are some incredible updates in that version for photo editing.

Your ten year old is designing graphics? WTH? CS5 is amazing, I love it. I'm sure your kid loves it too. :D

#3 for me. I like #2, but her left hand... not doing it for me. Its like you captured the right moment a few seconds too soon. If her hand was in her hair it would be near perfection.
    Jer
    edited October 29, 2010
    Your ten year old is designing graphics? WTH? CS5 is amazing, I love it. I'm sure your kid loves it too. :D

#3 for me. I like #2, but her left hand... not doing it for me. Its like you captured the right moment a few seconds too soon. If her hand was in her hair it would be near perfection.

About my little one.....
    She's home-schooled so we're able to custom tailor her education as long as she does well on everything else.
    She works with pixels to design her stuff....blows my mind :-)

On three, I do agree with your sentiments......
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    About my little one.....
    She's home-schooled so we're able to custom tailor her education as long as she does well on everything else.
    She works with pixels to design her stuff....blows my mind :-)

On three, I do agree with your sentiments......

Get her Illustrator. She'll be much better off in the future if she learns to design in that program.
    Jer
    edited October 29, 2010
    Get her Illustrator. She'll be much better off in the future if she learns to design in that program.

So true, that's on the agenda. :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
    edited October 31, 2010
    Is that feature available in in CS4?
    Will check that out

Update:
    I looked though everything I had and no go...
    A lesson for the next shoot. :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo