Options

Special Olympics

fdpiechfdpiech Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited August 17, 2005 in Sports
My first post out here.

I had the privilege of shooting the Special Olympics Tennis Tourney this last weekend here in Memphis.

These special athletes tried and played SO hard it was enough to touch your heart.

All of this in the 98 deg, Memphis heat.

You never realize just how much you have been blessed in this world until you do work like this. If you ever have the chance to work with the Special Olympics… don’t pass it up. It’s something for the soul.
spc_oly_i.jpg

Comments

• Options
    VicVic Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited August 16, 2005
    I am in East TN and was blessed enough to be sent out to cover the local Special Olympics for the newspaper I work for.
    It was the best assignment!

Great shot.
    Vic
    fdpiech wrote:
    My first post out here.

I had the privilege of shooting the Special Olympics Tennis Tourney this last weekend here in Memphis.

These special athletes tried and played SO hard it was enough to touch your heart.

All of this in the 98 deg, Memphis heat.

You never realize just how much you have been blessed in this world until you do work like this. If you ever have the chance to work with the Special Olympics… don’t pass it up. It’s something for the soul.
    spc_oly_i.jpg
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,916 moderator
    edited August 16, 2005
    I love the emotion conveyed in this shot.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2005
    Vic wrote:
    I am in East TN and was blessed enough to be sent out to cover the local Special Olympics for the newspaper I work for.
    It was the best assignment!

Great shot.
    Vic
    I have to agree. The amount of HEART that these people have and give back just makes one feel humbled. Just amazing.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    I love the emotion conveyed in this shot.

Ian
    Thanx. This was only the first REAL time I've tried to shoot sports. I have a number of photog buddies who do it as a business and did my best to apply the things I learned from them.

The only thing I wish is that I had had an ND to fit my 24-70 so that I could have stoped down a few more stops. I would have liked to blur that background a bit more.