Options

Poplarity page in stats never loads

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited October 29, 2010 in Bug Reporting
For this site of mine: http://friend.smugmug.com, if I go to Stats and click on the Popularity tab, it comes up with "Loading, please wait..." and never completes. I've cleared my browser cache and it makes no difference. The popularity page just never comes up. I'm using IE8 on Vista.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    edited October 28, 2010
    Bump, anyone home? The popularity tab in stats is still non-functional. The Smugmug progress bar just spins forever and the page never loads.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 28, 2010
    Sorry John. I was out of the office. I will take a look.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    jfriend wrote: »
    Bump, anyone home? The popularity tab in stats is still non-functional. The Smugmug progress bar just spins forever and the page never loads.

John, it loaded for me:

20101028-cgdxkwtdutc8rh4hmemg4ygrx2.jpg

IE8 Win7. Can you try again?
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2010
    Now it seems to load, but it's slow. Is it supposed to take 70 seconds to load the popularity tab?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    b7j0cb7j0c Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    hi, this is brad, the stats developer

as to your bug report - guilty as charged.

the query we run to post that data is rather naive, and a site like your with a high number of galleries exposes this weakness.

i'll look into ways that this can be accelerated, its clear that the current performance is unacceptable

as always, feel free to contact me at brad@smugmug.com directly

thanks
    brad clawsie
  • Options
    edited October 29, 2010
    b7j0c wrote: »
    hi, this is brad, the stats developer

as to your bug report - guilty as charged.

the query we run to post that data is rather naive, and a site like your with a high number of galleries exposes this weakness.

i'll look into ways that this can be accelerated, its clear that the current performance is unacceptable

as always, feel free to contact me at brad@smugmug.com directly

thanks
    brad clawsie
    Thanks brad. My web patience tends to be about 15 seconds. If something doesn't load in 15 seconds, I assume it probably isn't going to load and I move on as that is typically the case for web pages.

Another weakness that is exposed here is there is no "Cancel" button. So, if the query is sitting there and taking forever, there's no way for me to cancel it and go back to where I was. I have to hit the back button, but that doesn't take me to where I was before I click on the Popular tab - that takes me back a whole web page before and I then have to renavigate to my stats.
    --John
    HomepagePopular