Options

I just got iPhoned!!

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited October 30, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I am bummed out. Just saw a bunch of familiar photos on FB, and no they were not bought off of my right click protected site. They were ganked with a phone. I just tried it myself with my iPhone. Click away and save some$$ I guess. I have low res downloads for super cheap from an event. A whopping $1.25. And still stolen. Could have been by accident too. If viewing on the phone why not just click and save the image?

Pisses me off because I worked hard to get the images up for people to see and buy off my site. I did not watermark because I figured I was safe and I hate the way they look. WRONG..... From now on hot pink fricken watermark.

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Right-click protection takes seconds to bypass, even on a PC. If you want protection, the watermark is a better way to go.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    Zerodog wrote: »
    They were ganked with a phone. I just tried it myself with my iPhone.

Right Click Protection works when using iPhone, either natively in your Safari browser or using our /m mobile site. The file that is "saved" is a 1pixel gif file. Try it.

But John is right, RCP is at best a mild-deterrent; watemarking is the best protection.
  • Options
    ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    You are right Andy. Just checked what my phone downloaded and it was a black square.

Watermarking today.