Options

2nd shot for Moogle Pepper aka Ted

mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited November 4, 2010 in Weddings
I think I may have swapped CF cards with Ted or maybe it's from the D700 and the 85mm 1.4 I rented. I don't know, thought these seemed too good for my 3rd time second shooting. :dunno Please bring me back down to earth if you need to and let me know what you think.

More on the blog, tried giving it a PJ feel and tell the story of the day.

http://mikepaulie.com/wp/2010/11/danielle-and-daves-wedding/

3.jpg

4.jpg

3a & b.
7.jpg

13.jpg

5a & b.
20.jpg

6a & b.
22.jpg

23.jpg

8a & b.
29.jpg

9a & b.
32.jpg

33.jpg

35.jpg

12a & b.
36.jpg

42.jpg

44-1.jpg

45-1.jpg

46.jpg

17a & b.
47.jpg

and ted laying down on the job... I told him to to do the george costanza pose on the chaise
ted.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    thumb.gif

That's how you do it! I mean what you should wear to weddings... hah! You did great, Mike!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    Well obviously the best shot is the one of Ted chilling on the couch, that goes without saying :)

Great job as the second. I like the extra angles and emotions you got (flower girl during ceremony is perfect). My general thoughts are to keep the horizon level (#4 bugs me a bit on the level) and keep hands in the frame (13-15). Watch for things in the background that can be distracting such as the car in #9a - get down lower to move it out the background. Something else, and this is a personal preference, 17b is a better shot than 16 to me. The emotion is captured better when pulled in tight - it directs the view right to the bride.
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2010
    Well obviously the best shot is the one of Ted chilling on the couch, that goes without saying :)

Great job as the second. I like the extra angles and emotions you got (flower girl during ceremony is perfect). My general thoughts are to keep the horizon level (#4 bugs me a bit on the level) and keep hands in the frame (13-15). Watch for things in the background that can be distracting such as the car in #9a - get down lower to move it out the background. Something else, and this is a personal preference, 17b is a better shot than 16 to me. The emotion is captured better when pulled in tight - it directs the view right to the bride.

I am blowing that image of me up! There are no images of me at my place. Or at my parents. Best.image.ever!

And seeing the 85 in action some more, it looks like I need to add another lens to my stable.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    Great. You made me jealous of Ted. rolleyes1.gifwink

( I want a second shooter as good as you!iloveyou.gif)

These are fabulous! As good as any primary shots I have ever seen.
  • Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010

Awesome tips Pat, thank you so much. You're right on and great things I need to look out for. The scooter and car in 9a are kind of part of the story, the scooter stopped and started talking to us and asking the B+G questions when Ted was taking shots in the street. This was the reaction after the woman in car was getting mad and the scooter finally drove offrolleyes1.gif
    Great. You made me jealous of Ted. rolleyes1.gifwink

( I want a second shooter as good as you!iloveyou.gif)

These are fabulous! As good as any primary shots I have ever seen.
    wings.gif Wow thank you Heather!! If I ever move out to the cold country I'm coming to work for you.
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2010
    mpaulie wrote: »
    Awesome tips Pat, thank you so much. You're right on and great things I need to look out for. The scooter and car in 9a are kind of part of the story, the scooter stopped and started talking to us and asking the B+G questions when Ted was taking shots in the street. This was the reaction after the woman in car was getting mad and the scooter finally drove offrolleyes1.gif

wings.gif Wow thank you Heather!! If I ever move out to the cold country I'm coming to work for you.

It's cold in Jersey too, ya know.deal.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> I had to re-read this because these looked like primary shooter material. You did a great job, tons of candids, tons of great expressions, etc. I’m partial to #4 and #13 but they’re all awesome.
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    I agree - these are great! I love how consistent the lighting is through the different settings.

PS. Ted's channeling "I got the ipad, suckaz!" in that pic rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    BsimonBsimon Registered Users Posts: 252 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    Like everyone else, I think these are AWESOME. Great Job!!
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    What a set, Mike!!! These are awesome! Not much to ad ... LOVE all the candids you got! PERFECT! And the posed pics from the side, don't look like they were shot by a second either! You did an awesome job!!!

And Ted, you are ONE LAZY FELLA' ... laying on the couch like this and making your second do all the work :D Where are your pics?? :D
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    What a set, Mike!!! These are awesome! Not much to ad ... LOVE all the candids you got! PERFECT! And the posed pics from the side, don't look like they were shot by a second either! You did an awesome job!!!

And Ted, you are ONE LAZY FELLA' ... laying on the couch like this and making your second do all the work :D Where are your pics?? :D

:D:D

I was putting my feet on the couch and let Mike roll with this! As for my pics.... it can't be helped. With mike's images really great, I don't have to work so hard even though my set is being exported as I type this... rolleyes1.gif

Glad I could help Mike out here. rolleyes1.gifrofl
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com