Canon Loyalty Program

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_214217_-1

Isn't this what they're gonna ship you? It looks like it's in stock.
  • Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_214217_-1

Isn't this what they're gonna ship you? It looks like it's in stock.

It says Out Of Stock... And I just called them about 15 minutes ago and they also confirmed them to be out of stock. But yes, that is what they would send someone through the Canon Loyalty Program.
    Jer
    edited October 29, 2010
    Oh sorry, I didn't see the Out of Stock thing...
    Question. Are the bodies listed on that site the only ones they ever offer for clp? Like, if they got a refurb 30D, or 5Dmk1, or whatever, they wouldn't offer it?
    edited October 29, 2010
    Oh sorry, I didn't see the Out of Stock thing...
    Question. Are the bodies listed on that site the only ones they ever offer for clp? Like, if they got a refurb 30D, or 5Dmk1, or whatever, they wouldn't offer it?

You would have to call them to confirm that. The list that is in this thread is pretty accurate.
    Jer
    edited October 29, 2010
    5DMKII is in stock now! I just ordered mine, $1687.16, get 'em while they're available!
    Jer
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2010
    5DMKII is in stock now! I just ordered mine, $1687.16, get 'em while they're available!

Wow! That's a grand off new item. Good deal! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited October 29, 2010
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Wow! That's a grand off new item. Good deal! thumb.gif

especially since all I had to do is spend $12 to qualify rolleyes1.gif
    Jer
    edited October 29, 2010
    Congratulations! I'm still speculating, I think I'll get a P&S, and maybe a T1i in the future...
  • HotspiceHotspice Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 1, 2010

Odd, I tried to do that with the T2i and they told me it wasn't part of the program. :cry
    edited November 1, 2010
    Hotspice wrote: »
    Odd, I tried to do that with the T2i and they told me it wasn't part of the program. :cry

That's wierd... Did you want the body only or the kit? Because on shop.usa.canon.com it lists the kit but not the body only. Maybe the kit's available...?
  • HotspiceHotspice Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 1, 2010
    That's wierd... Did you want the body only or the kit? Because on shop.usa.canon.com it lists the kit but not the body only. Maybe the kit's available...?

Yep, tried both with and without. Service rep said the T2i isn't part of the program and has no ETA on when it will be..
    edited November 1, 2010
    Not all of the refurbished bodies that are listed on the site are available in the loyalty program. When I originally called they said they had some rebels, the 7D and the 5DMKII. They never mentioned anything about the T1i or T2i..

For those who are curious, I got my Canon PnS for $12 from Eric on Ebay who sells pretty much anything you could think off.. broken. really cheap. Here is his items for sale: http://shop.ebay.com/schicjar/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686
    Jer
    edited November 3, 2010
    Yep, tried both with and without. Service rep said the T2i isn't part of the program and has no ETA on when it will be..

Maybe cause it's new and selling well? I would be very surprised if it's not on there after the T3i comes out.
  • cpagilitycpagility Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    I called tonight and they quoted $1087.20 plus tax and free 2nd day shipping for the 7d. She said the 5d ii was removed from the program and will not be available.
    edited November 5, 2010
    cpagility wrote: »
    She said the 5d ii was removed from the program and will not be available.

OH SNAP! That means I got mine JUST IN TIME!!!! clap.gifclapwings.gifbarb:ivar:ivar:ivar:ivar
    Jer
    edited November 5, 2010
    OH SNAP! That means I got mine JUST IN TIME!!!! clap.gifclapwings.gifbarb:ivar:ivar:ivar:ivar

You know what? The did it because of you. Someone at Canon saw this. :D:cryrolleyes1.gifwink
    I called tonight and they quoted $1087.20 plus tax and free 2nd day shipping for the 7d. She said the 5d ii was removed from the program and will not be available.
    Did you get any other quotes besides the 7D?
    edited November 5, 2010
    You know what? The did it because of you. Someone at Canon saw this. :D:cryrolleyes1.gifwink

Hopefully by the time I need a second body the 7D will still be on there.. or the 5DMKII back with the program.
    Jer
  • jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2010
    This is how I got my 5d Mk2 back in September. For what it is worth, the camera looks brand new and I have had zero problems with it. At the time, they also told me that the 5d was no longer part of the program AFTER I ordered, and it was no longer on the refurb site. However, when you look at the refurb site now, it is listed. My guess is that it may depend upon the CSR that you get when you call in. This is a great deal if you can get in on it!
    edited November 8, 2010
    Price lists anyone (who's called)?
    edited November 8, 2010
    Do you have to give them the batery and stuff of your old one? Or just the cam?
    edited November 8, 2010
    Do you have to give them the batery and stuff of your old one? Or just the cam?

They just want the body. No accessories, battery, cables, nothing. I just received the ups shipping label. So I finally get to ship out the broken pns I got for this.
    Jer
  • tabascotabasco Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited November 8, 2010

The prices are the ones you can see on the refurb site, minus 20%.

I can confirm that they removed the 5DMkII from the program last week, even though it's still in stock on the refurb site.
    They offered to sell me one at the refurb price ($1999) instead :-(

The 7D was available this weekend.

-Guillaume
    edited November 8, 2010
    tabasco wrote: »

I can confirm that they removed the 5DMkII from the program last week, even though it's still in stock on the refurb site.

-Guillaume

wave.gif Welcome to Dgrin!
    Jer
    edited November 9, 2010
    tabasco wrote: »

-Guillaume

Thanx, and nice usernamethumb.gif
  • cpagilitycpagility Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2010

Did you get any other quotes besides the 7D?

No other quotes. Sorry. It's pretty simple to call and talk to them to see what they have.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited November 22, 2010
    Just another confirmation of the above replies: refurb - 20%

I just ordered a T1i, $599-$120 = $380. Add on $30 tax = $510
    (not all the cameras on the refurb list are available - I wanted a T2i, but no-go)

Btw, that includes Fedex 2nd day shipping. All in all, not a bad deal. I just have to send back this worn out old Powershot S1.

Process was easy. Another thumbs up for this program thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• lmyamenlmyamen Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Just got my 7D through the loyalty program.
  • travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 640 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    lmyamen wrote: »
    Just got my 7D through the loyalty program.

Welcome to the family (you're gonna love your 7D!!!)
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
    edited December 8, 2010
    Did you get the 7D for 20% off like most others?
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    Recent Loyalty Program Experience
    I have recently received two cameras through the Canon Loyalty Program. First one was a G11 for my wife (returned a dead Powershot S30). Second was a Powershot SX120 IS for my daughter (returned a dead SD 400).

The G11 had problems out of the box. The main rear control dial didn't function properly - very strange behavior. As I turned the dial the camera responded with random directional movements of whatever was being controlled. For example, if I was moving the dial clockwise to increase shutter speed, it would change the speed in random increments AND in random directions [1/40... 1/15... 1/60... 1/80... 1/10].

Anyway, I called them back and was told that there were no more G11's. They offered Rebel TSi or 7D or lesser point and shoots. Or... I could return it for refund and the option of participating in the Loyalty program later without a trade (since I'd already sent my exchange camera to them). One final option was to send it back for warranty repair.

I really like the G11 for my wife to use when out and about with me. It's also a camera I'd like to learn to use. So... I'm going to send it back and see what happens. I'm expecting a return label by e-mail, then a call within a couple of day of receipt of the camera with a status update and a repair or other resolution. So far everyone has been really polite and helpful (as have I despite my frustration at the out-of the box problem).

I'll report back with how the process goes from here.

BTW, the SX120 for my recent college grad daughter came out of the box just fine.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug