Options

Angie and Paul - strapless dress and all!

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited November 6, 2010 in Weddings
I really enjoyed working with Angie and Paul because of Angie and Paul. Talking with them throughout the day was incredibly inspiring - to go halfway through life without your other half seems to make it that much more special once you find that person. It really makes me appreciate my family.

On to the pictures....

51be0b652ca9312734c1322b70054223.jpg

dabaed5e3f645b488b135aa5dcbe51d2.jpg

c1b2116b0937b57d64a6e91f78ed3c24.jpg

a20d85581dc330684cdffaf7c9262db3.jpg

e7ec217fa97aef8c9742c0ffdc937d38.jpg

6. (my wife's favorite)
2c2094e4ec854f59ec61e94fa15ab40b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    Do you ever get tired of those awesome views!? Love 1,2 and 4.
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    I just *love* 4.

I am a sucker for flair, though! Beautiful as always.
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    mpaulie wrote: »
    Do you ever get tired of those awesome views!? Love 1,2 and 4.

Do you ever get tired of being so awesome??? My goodness, these are just awesome!!! Wall hanging material iloveyou.gif My votes go for 1 and 2, but they are all just beautiful!!
  • Options
    krauzianimagekrauzianimage Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    Wow! These are awesome. I love the variety. These are six uniguely awesome photos that still caryy a theme. Good job! What state to you live in? In Texas we don't have any of those pretty rock-looking things. What do you call them? http://www.krauzianimage.com
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    #4 is simply stunning, almost like melt in your mouth divinity candy, I dunno maybe it's the color, but it is luscious!

Is that mountain called the half dome? I was just watching a young man that plans to climb it free..style or whatever it is called. No partner , no rope. Geesh.
    Well another stunning set of images of a lucky couple!!Lucky to have found you!
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    Thanks everyone for sharing the love! While I never get tired of the view, it is difficult to shoot in the same places all the time and not become repetitive. I try my best not to repeat myself (until my mind is shutdown). Thankfully, almost everytime I go up to the park it is different.

Yes, that is Half Dome out in California. Free climbing Half Dome? That's crazy to me. I actually had a client request that I climb (with ropes) Half Dome with them and have their ceremony on the side of the mountain half way up. I wasn't quite sure about hauling all of my gear all the way up and down, so I was a bit relieved when they book another photog.

For the record, since I do a shot like this fairly often, heres how to take a shot just like #4. It's super easy:
    1. Find an open space & grab a telephoto. The big trick is that your subject needs to be backlit, so it's best to wait until later in the day.
    2. Get down low (I'm probably laying in the meadow here) to help with persective.
    3. Frame them up with the sun or other really bright light source (use, I have used a flash for this type of shot if needed) either in the frame, or just out, to get some juicy flare.
    4. Shoot wide open, overexpose to taste (probably a stop or two), nail focus.
    5. In post you will need to add lots of contrast back into the image because have the sun in the frame will wash the image. The good news is that since you backlit them, you don't even have to worry about any detail on the couple.
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Nice work Pat!! I love the diagonal line of the stone wall.

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Yes, that is Half Dome out in California. Free climbing Half Dome? That's crazy to me. I actually had a client request that I climb (with ropes) Half Dome with them and have their ceremony on the side of the mountain half way up. I wasn't quite sure about hauling all of my gear all the way up and down, so I was a bit relieved when they book another photog.

This saddens me. I kinda expected you to be one of those crazy awesome photogs who also free/with rope climbs to shoot a couple! Were they a really awesome couple who were really adventurous?

iloveyou.gif your almost kisses!!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2010
    This saddens me. I kinda expected you to be one of those crazy awesome photogs who also free/with rope climbs to shoot a couple! Were they a really awesome couple who were really adventurous?

Yeah... not quite. It sounded good and I was intrigued at first, but it wasn't for me. I talked to the photog who shot the wedding (a friend of mine) and they started around 8am, had the ceremony before dark, and made it back down about 4 am. No thanks.
  • Options
    ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    I love #4 but I LOVE #6.
  • Options
    WeiselWeisel Registered Users Posts: 235 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    #4 was my instant favorite too. Looks very much like a shot I did last year, but with far less success! Bravo
    Canon 5D MK IV | 24-70 2.8L USM | 50mm F1.4 USM | 70-200mm F2.8L | AB 800 light | 430EXII speedlight (x2) | Lowel iLight | Cybersync remotes | bag of trail mix |
    My Weddings WebsiteBlog
  • Options
    ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2010
    Whenever my boyfriend and I visit Yosemite, remind me to book you in advance for some couples photos... your work is always ridiculously impressive!! You utilize your landscapes amazingly!
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2010
    Crazy beautiful, plus every other adjective you can think of... Sigh. (Saving money for my wedding iloveyou.gif) rolleyes1.gif
    Canon Fan