Options

Show me the money

limbiklimbik Registered Users Posts: 379 Major grins
edited August 18, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I'm just curious, where does our pro account profit go?
Do we get a check? When? after what amount? Can it go to paypal, or does it just give us "store credit" so to speak? I have had a hard time locating the details of this extreemly important part of having a pro account.

Also, I'm fine with the "powered by smugmug" at the bottom of my page, but I would think it should at least be an automatic referral link. Is it?

Comments

• Options
    portellimageryportellimagery Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    Go here and read the few paragraphs below the guy jogging on the right hand side

http://www.smugmug.com/pro/

you will find this....

We pay profits monthly when they exceed $500, and roll them into the next month's payment if they don't. We pay quarterly for profits of $200 — or upon request for any amount.

Payment is by check, currently, but we're investigating electronic means.
    Portell Imagery - Photography by Micheal Portell
    www.portellimagery.com
    Portell Imagery - The Blog blog.portellimagery.com
    Speak Up Designs www.speakupdesigns.com
    Get your Portell Imagery 2006 Photography Calendar here
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    limbik wrote:
    I'm just curious, where does our pro account profit go?
    Do we get a check? When? after what amount? Can it go to paypal, or does it just give us "store credit" so to speak? I have had a hard time locating the details of this extreemly important part of having a pro account.

Also, I'm fine with the "powered by smugmug" at the bottom of my page, but I would think it should at least be an automatic referral link. Is it?

it comes to you, not a store credit... you have to fill out a tax form, the details are in the smugmug help section. here's the direct link

cheers!
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2005
    thumb.gif It would be great if they can incorporate paypal in the future.
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    limbik wrote:
    thumb.gif It would be great if they can incorporate paypal in the future.
    Why? So I can lose another 3%? A lot of us have the pro accounts on Pay Pal and that feature wouldn't be beneficial.
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    A lot of us have the pro accounts on Pay Pal and that feature wouldn't be beneficial.
    Yeah, you have a point. I suppose since smugmug already handles the cc its unnecessary. Don't know what I was thinking... Doh! I just like my money digital I guess. How about a direct deposit :):
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    limbik wrote:
    Yeah, you have a point. I suppose since smugmug already handles the cc its unnecessary. Don't know what I was thinking... Doh! I just like my money digital I guess. How about a direct deposit :):
    I'm with you there on direct deposit.thumb.gif