Options

Bulk captioning page - anyone else hate it?

jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited November 10, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I need to add captions to all the photos in one gallery. The client emailed me her list, but it's not in file order. For example, she gave me the name of the horse in photos 2, 3, 11, 37, 38. I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to use the bulk captioning tool. But the tool is useless. It doesn't show thumbnails, AND it doesn't number the photos/data lines so I can't quickly find the caption box for photo 37. So none of the data I have from my client works to help me identify which box to enter her captions. I'm going to have to manually go thru Every-Bleeping-Photo One-by-One, with numerous clicks per photo to move to the next photo, select to enter the caption, save the caption, etc.
JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
"Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett

Comments

• Options
    MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    jcdill wrote: »
    ...It doesn't show thumbnails, AND it doesn't number the photos/data lines...

This is odd, I get both thumbnails and filenames.

Malte
  • Options
    jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    Malte wrote: »
    This is odd, I get both thumbnails and filenames.

Malte

I get filenames, but not thumbnails. But because I'm not showing filenames in the gallery, it doesn't help me match the captions list to the photos. I need "line numbers" so that "photo 18" in the gallery can be found on the bulk captioning page.

Here's a screenshot showing my lack of thumbnails:

1086083911_4oexW-L.png
    JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2010
    JC, are you using addons to block images maybe?

20101111-mbq28qkmqxxnnbc9tqausuw7ak.jpg