Newest Family Member

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited November 13, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
On October 5th, my best friend Rocky (my Dalmatian) of 18 years, had to go on up the trail without me. :cry..........................

After much thought, my wife and I decided to get a small dog this time around. We still have Gus, my wife's 8 year old coonhound, so the big dog thing is still covered. :D

Anyway, after much research and input from our vet about breed health issues, we decided that a muttly would be just the ticket for us. We rescued a small, approximately 4 month old Wirehair Fox Terrier MIX (Hinze 57, if you will), from the local Humane Society.

She unfortunately doesn't have a name yet, were still in negotiations on that one! :rofl But I think "Turbo" is in the lead right now.
She is a speed-demon deluxe!

Anyway, thought I'd post up some initial shots of her, as I will most certainly be posting more in the months to come.

BTW, she had her first motorcycle ride on my Goldwing yesterday! We have travlin' plans!!!
Randy

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,336 moderator
    edited November 12, 2010
    She is absolutely gorgeous!
    And she looks like she is going to be a lot of fun too.

Does she have a helmet for her motorcycle days?

--- Denise
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    She is absolutely gorgeous!
    And she looks like she is going to be a lot of fun too.

Does she have a helmet for her motorcycle days?

--- Denise

I'll get her a helmet when she stops growing, probably at a whopping 12~15 pounds! rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    Hey Randy......That is a good looking dog.....Nothing like a puppy, soooo much fun:D..... clap.gif gary
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    Howdy Randy,

So sorry to hear about Rocky, but He'll be waitin for Ya.

That quite a new Pup you've got there, I'll be that'll she'll

keep you on your toes and moving fast:D

She certainly seems right at home!!!

Will look forward to seeing her growing up chronicled.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited November 12, 2010
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Hey Randy......That is a good looking dog.....Nothing like a puppy, soooo much fun:D..... clap.gif gary

Thanks Gary,

I hope she likes riding the motorcycle and going on photo adventures!
    Randy
    edited November 12, 2010
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy Randy,

So sorry to hear about Rocky, but He'll be waitin for Ya.

That quite a new Pup you've got there, I'll be that'll she'll

keep you on your toes and moving fast:D

She certainly seems right at home!!!

Will look forward to seeing her growing up chronicled.

Thanks for the kind thoughts Craig,

After one day, she is soo at home, that Teresa and I already thanked her for letting us stay in "her" house rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • R.JayR.Jay Registered Users Posts: 974 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    Hi Randy, sorry to hear you lost your best mate - I'm sure the new one will have some 'big paws to fill'. I think it is fantastic that you rescued her - well done. As for the photo's - really like #2 - she looks really alert. Good luck for the future.

Cheers, Richard.
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2010
    Don't forget the doggles for her.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    Kudos to you and Teresa for the rescue. I've got a feeling that the new family member is going to return all the love ya'll can give it.

Good luck and God bless you,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • jackiejayjackiejay Registered Users Posts: 714 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    Im so sorry for youre loss I lost My Toby(Chihuahua)Sept 22, 2 days before my B-Day this year,I miss him so.Youre New baby is so cute Im glad you found a muttly and gave it a home there are so many.The pics were great:)You never replace a loved pet you just open youre heart to give an endless supply of love.:)
  • ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    Those are great, nice dogthumb.gif Nice to know you get to stay in her house ;~). Now, you say she's fast? You wanna take that back? She's no match for one of my family members' chihuahua-dachsund mixmwink.gifD
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2010
    My condolences to you and Teresa on the loss of Rocky. He'll be waiting for you and ready to play when it's your time.

Your new addition ... what a cutie :D Riding on the cycle...what a hoot. Can't wait to see photos of her all dressed up in rider gear.

Turbo is a good name...those terriers can really run.
    edited November 13, 2010
    R.Jay wrote: »
    Hi Randy, sorry to hear you lost your best mate - I'm sure the new one will have some 'big paws to fill'. I think it is fantastic that you rescued her - well done. As for the photo's - really like #2 - she looks really alert. Good luck for the future.

Cheers, Richard.

Thanks for the kind words Richard thumb.gif

She is an extremely alert dog. Nothing gets by her attention! Thought about naming her "Radar" because of that rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited November 13, 2010
    Don't forget the doggles for her.

When she gets a little bigger, Doggles will be on their waythumb.gif

For now, I'm going to rig-up one of those smaller, portable pet carriers, so that she can ride inside it on the bike. To get her fully use to everything before putting her "in the wind" :D

Thanks for the suggestion!
    Randy
    edited November 13, 2010
    Kudos to you and Teresa for the rescue. I've got a feeling that the new family member is going to return all the love ya'll can give it.

Good luck and God bless you,

Tom

Well Tom,

I think you have the "rescue" part backward!

I can officially say: Were in big trouble here already!

She is WAY smarter than me. I just hope that I still have a reserved spot, IN MY OWN BED!!! rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited November 13, 2010
    jackiejay wrote: »
    Im so sorry for youre loss I lost My Toby(Chihuahua)Sept 22, 2 days before my B-Day this year,I miss him so.Youre New baby is so cute Im glad you found a muttly and gave it a home there are so many.The pics were great:)You never replace a loved pet you just open youre heart to give an endless supply of love.:)

Sorry to hear about Toby... Evidently the good Lord needed some more good dogs up there!

Thanks for your kind words
    Randy
    edited November 13, 2010
    Those are great, nice dogthumb.gif Nice to know you get to stay in her house ;~). Now, you say she's fast? You wanna take that back? She's no match for one of my family members' chihuahua-dachsund mixmwink.gifD

Well, I don't know how fast the pup really is, but anything that can beat me to the dinner table is almost Super-Sonic rolleyes1.gif Ask Tom or Craig rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
    edited November 13, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    My condolences to you and Teresa on the loss of Rocky. He'll be waiting for you and ready to play when it's your time.

Your new addition ... what a cutie :D Riding on the cycle...what a hoot. Can't wait to see photos of her all dressed up in rider gear.

Turbo is a good name...those terriers can really run.

Thanks for the kind words Mary,

I'm betting that some pics of her will get posted that might even draw-out some "that ain't right" comments! rolleyes1.gif
    Randy