Options

Another High School Sr shoot

kensingtonkensington Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited November 14, 2010 in People
Would LOVE to hear your thoughts.

Another Senior shoot, he thought we were getting shots with his sister in their Choir Uniforms first....

1062639617_ux5kh-L.jpg

1062651564_pDSfL-L.jpg

1062662801_g3J2A-L.jpg

1062664105_Cj7Qg-XL.jpg

1064414864_ai7HQ-XL.jpg

6. Brother and sister, supposed to match a picture from like 8 years ago in their choir uniforms, this wasn't it. The actual pose is kinda weird now that they are older.

1074286427_NVTP2-L.jpg

1077093450_yYeDY-L.jpg

1077095067_b4q4P-L.jpg

1077095957_eXsL7-L.jpg

1077096337_sRdte-L.jpg

1077096825_YLEvg-L.jpg

1077392380_N5Y2w-L.jpg

Thanks for looking, the rest are here

Comments

• Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    I really like these! #2, #7, #9, & #12 are my favorites. Handsome young man, he looks very relaxed.

Stephanie
  • Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Very nice series! A credit to you to capture him so well in a casual, relaxed state. It's hard to pick favorites but if I had to they would be #3. 5 & 8 thru 11. That's six out of twelve. See what I mean?! ne_nau.gifclap
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    ows4428ows4428 Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    I think these are fantastic. This guy is very photogenic and like the poster said above me, very relaxed. I think #7 is my favorite, but it's hard to pick.
  • Options
    Z6IZ6I Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Nice work. He's a good looking kid and you brought out a great smile.
    My only small nit-pick would be that the tux looks out of context in the outdoor setting.
    Bravo!
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Very nice. I think the first two are a bit underexposed. 3,5,8,9,10 are really fabulous. thumb.gif
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    I love all of them but #2,3, & 4. He is a very good looking young man, and #7, 11, & 12 are my favorites. He will be very popular in college ;-)
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    I'm in agreement everyone. This is great set and he should really love them. #8 seems a little underexposed.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited November 11, 2010
    Thanks all! I have indeeed been extremely lucky with my Sr. subjects thus far, he was a joy to work with. Very excited!

First few with the water feature were tough, super bright sun behind him and flash was not consistently firing (using CLS), for some reason my reflector was not packed in the bag.

#8 was natural light, I'll see what I can, thanks!
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    You have some nice work going on here, congrats. When using flash outside remember to look at the background. Use your shutter speed to adjust the background brightness and the flash to expose the subject. Check into your manual and see if your setup will do high speed sync. That will give you more adjustment with the background.

One of my big pet peeves is the "Fig Leaf Pose" in #4. Big no no. The hands are so much better in #3. With guys they like to lean on something and you have that down well.
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2010
    Hackbone wrote: »
    You have some nice work going on here, congrats. When using flash outside remember to look at the background. Use your shutter speed to adjust the background brightness and the flash to expose the subject. Check into your manual and see if your setup will do high speed sync. That will give you more adjustment with the background.

One of my big pet peeves is the "Fig Leaf Pose" in #4. Big no no. The hands are so much better in #3. With guys they like to lean on something and you have that down well.

Thanks! I always forget about the high speed sync. Should have tried hands in the pockets, he loved that pose in #3 took quite a few of him doing that.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    mpriest13mpriest13 Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    #11 is awesome!