smugmug.albums.getStats broken

quiksquiks Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
Hi,

I'd like to do a follow up regarding the problem of statistics in the APIs. Everything started one month ago with the release of the new statistics (web stats). Suddenly, smugmug.albums.getStats starts to return always 0 HITS for the current month. I thought that it was a bug affecting only the current month. But one month later, if I ask for HITS of the previous month, it's still AWLWAYS 0 as well! It's then not just the current month, it's more like: no hit retained since 2 months...

If someone knows someone who can fix that, I would really appreciate.

Thanks a lot.

Greg.

Comments

• SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    I just started playing with the smugmug.users.getStats method and am having the exact same issues. headscratch.gif

Any update on this?
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
    edited November 9, 2010
    Bump. Really need to use .getStats in my project. Any word?
    edited November 15, 2010
    Still nothing on this? headscratch.gif
    edited November 18, 2010
    Well, after prodding the help desk for weeks, I can't get an answer on when this will be fixed. Project scrapped. :cry
    edited December 2, 2010
    With the normal stats screen working properly, I was hoping that the API was fixed. Hopes shattered, it's still broken. And it seems like it's been broken for a long time before too:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=425106&highlight=getstats#post425106

I hope someday this will be working again. I've got a sweet module I want to add to my main site, but can't without the info from the stats. :cry
    edited December 21, 2010
    Bump so people can see this is broken. I guess I should put it up on the feedback system too so we can vote to have this repaired. ne_nau.gif
  • PharfignewtonPharfignewton Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited October 9, 2012
    still an issue 2 years later
    Both smugmug.users.getStats() and smugmug.albums.getStats() are returning 0 values for Bytes, Hits, Large, Medium, Original, Small, Video110, Video200, Video320, Video640, X2Large, X3Large, and XLarge.

I'm querying the past three months via the 1.3.0 api and the web stats shows non-zero data for my account.

Doc Walker said he'd pass this up the chain if I posted in dgrin - Hopefully TPTB will fix it or just depreciate *Stats effective immediately and return failures…
    edited October 9, 2012
    *sigh*

I had a really neat script I was going to make that showed how many photos and videos were viewed in real-time, but scrapped it.
    edited October 11, 2012
    I just want drill down statistics. If you had a huge traffic blip on day x, the only way you could determine the galleries involved is to look at each individually - hardly user friendly.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2012
    I just want drill down statistics. If you had a huge traffic blip on day x, the only way you could determine the galleries involved is to look at each individually - hardly user friendly.
    While I can't say how you can do it with the API, but you can use the stats in your account settings > stats > photo views. The popularity tab shows the galleries with the most views in your selected time frame. You can also click on any gallery to view the photo details.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited October 11, 2012
    While I can't say how you can do it with the API, but you can use the stats in your account settings > stats > photo views. The popularity tab shows the galleries with the most views in your selected time frame. You can also click on any gallery to view the photo details.

If I catch the blip the next day, the 'yesterday' range should give me what i seek. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for an arbitrary date ( e.g. dates on the 'total view' page could link to popularity for that date )
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2012
    If I catch the blip the next day, the 'yesterday' range should give me what i seek. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for an arbitrary date ( e.g. dates on the 'total view' page could link to popularity for that date )
    You can set any date range you like. Just click on the current range and it'll allow you to select start and end date:
    20121011143529-01618x2914235.jpg
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited October 11, 2012
    You can set any date range you like. Just click on the current range and it'll allow you to select start and end date:

hmm, yet another 'feature' that didn't work until i dumped my cache and cookies - I can get the popularity by day, thank you for the alternative.

Since the api is still broken, our little side bar ( posts 10 and onward ) should probably be split out or sacked lest someone get the idea the stats api is fixed ;)
    edited November 3, 2012
    FYI, smugmug.users.getStats() and smugmug.albums.getStats() still don't work…
    edited November 9, 2012
    Two years and counting...ne_nau.gif
    edited November 18, 2013
    3 years. ne_nau.gif