Options

Re-Branding/Renaming all Done! Now: Photography by Cat

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited November 16, 2010 in Weddings
So in lieu of my divorce that finalized almost 4 full months ago, although I'm keeping my ex's last name, I decided it was time to remove his name from my business. So the formerly "Cat Hoffman Photography" is now known simply as Photography by Cat!

I got a new URL:
www.photography-by-cat.com (formerly: photos.cathoffman.com)
Change the blog from photoblog.cathoffman.com to blog.photography-by-cat.com

I got a new facebook fan page too! Was www.facebook.com/cathoffmanphotography but since facebook doesn't let you change your fan page username or name, I created:
www.facebook.com/PhotographyByCat
(which btw my fans are awesome, had +700 on the old one and after only being up for a little over a day now the new one has over 100 already and growing!)

And probably my favorite part of this is, a friend of mine who I'm trading photos for design services...she designed me an awesome new logo that I'd been working on with her for the last week and a half!
1089010025_YumQ8-O.jpg

We then took this and used it for my watermarks:
1079127014_X7z83-M.jpg

And then I further modified it for the banner in my website:
www.photography-by-cat.com

Loving having my new branding all done and everything in place...next step... time to design some new business cards! :)

Comments

• Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2010
    Fresh start, no husband and a business makeover all in one!!

Sorry to hear about your divorce, elated to hear about your business makeover!!

That logo is awesome! She did a great job!
  • Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    Fresh start, no husband and a business makeover all in one!!

Sorry to hear about your divorce, elated to hear about your business makeover!!

That logo is awesome! She did a great job!

Ditto, though I'm not a huge fan of spliting and stacking words. Did you move to Cali too? Wern't you in Indiana or Illinois? Sudenly I feel WAY out of the loop!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2010
    mmmatt wrote: »
    Ditto, though I'm not a huge fan of spliting and stacking words. Did you move to Cali too? Wern't you in Indiana or Illinois? Sudenly I feel WAY out of the loop!

Matt

Yeah, divorce finalized July 20th... Boyfriend and I drove my car out to CA from July 23rd-25th. (2,200 miles!) and by July 27th I already had my new driver's license :) I got officially relocated by my employer, Equinix, I was working for another company (Switch and Data) and Equinix purchased us back in May of this year... so post-merger they asked me to relocate to work out of San Jose and I accepted since I never liked living in Indiana (I was originally from Long Island)... CA is definitely my favorite place I've lived now!

I did an e-session in San Francisco back in the end of September, I'm just behind on posting pics on dgrin...but I'll be sure to share those soon! :)
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    Whoa 2200 miles!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    David-wayneDavid-wayne Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 15, 2010
    Hey! Checked out the new site, looks GREAT! Just curios (since i just rebranded too) how did the rebranding and new domain affect your ranking? I know smugmugs site usually start off pretty high anyways.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2010
    Hey! Checked out the new site, looks GREAT! Just curios (since i just rebranded too) how did the rebranding and new domain affect your ranking? I know smugmugs site usually start off pretty high anyways.

Hmm, good question, only implemented most of the changes in the past week or so, so hadn't really tried figuring out how my ranking was doing yet... but I get most of my gigs from referrals from previous clients, not off search engines, so in the end of the day, not a huge issue either way.

I've been messing around w/ the banner a little more, might try seeing how an alternate banner logo looks later tonight or tomorrow... can't decide if I like it better the way it is now (with the two parts on each side) of if the streamlined long banner on just the left that I started designing will look better... hmmmm
  • Options
    David-wayneDavid-wayne Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited November 15, 2010
    i'm a fan on facebook now. Of the two setups for your site I like the current setup better.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    I just finished revising the banner again... so not sure what David saw earlier this night as it went through a few phases over the last hour or two, but I'm finally done... will update the blog header to match the smugmug one later (possibly tomorrow).
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    p.s., I think you should change your slideshow. Still says Cat Hoffman Photography on it. mwink.gifD
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2010
    p.s., I think you should change your slideshow. Still says Cat Hoffman Photography on it. mwink.gifD

I actually was already doing that last night and then silly smugmug went into maintenance read only mode stopping me from uploading the replaced slideshow jpg... Granted I still need to have animoto recreate the overall slideshow with the new logo embedded...but now that they're out of maintenance mode and I'm awake again, the preview image for the slideshow is at least updated.