RapidFetcher - Bulk download galleries for Mac/Win/Linux

Comments

• cdahlcdahl Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited July 23, 2010
    grrr as well
    I have the same problem with RapidFetcher as most other folks. I have a smugmug directory with about 200 files I am downloading to my local hard-drive. I get about half way done and it freezes.
    I did notice that when I start rapidfetcher my system RAM is at 50%. As rapidfetcher begins to download the needle begins moving up. As I'm nearing the freeze point my system memory is up at 95%. Soooo it appears Rapidfetcher is pulling all the files into RAM andu sing up all my system RAM and that is what is causing the download stall. I'm running Windows7 with 3 Gig RAM and 4 Tera-Bytes Harddrive space . The files I'm downloading are only about 5 Meg /each.
  • tuckerthedogtuckerthedog Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 31, 2010
    Does RapidFetcher work with ORF files?
    There is no option in image size for "ORF" and the original URL option fetches only the JPG file, so I'm not sure it works for ORF (stored in vault).

Thank you.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    Transfer of files
    Tranfers from Smug to Flickr to the hard disk etc

For Mac the add on for Firefox ( Dropbox ) does the work perfectly :D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • KSDynomiteKSDynomite Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 5, 2010
    I am having a similar problem where I begin a download of about 600 photos and after about 70-100 photos, the program freezes. I have tried restarting the download several times, with the same result. I have tried downloading other albums, with the same result.

This made me think of an option that would be nice, once this freezing problem is corrected. It would be nice for the program to pick up where it left off, if a partial download of a particular album has already been started. I noticed that when I would restart an album download, much of the initial time was spent redownloading images that were already in the destination folder.

Please let us know if you have figured out the problem and when there is an update. This program would be great otherwise.
    edited August 5, 2010
    KSDynomite wrote: »
    I am having a similar problem where I begin a download of about 600 photos and after about 70-100 photos, the program freezes. I have tried restarting the download several times, with the same result. I have tried downloading other albums, with the same result.

This made me think of an option that would be nice, once this freezing problem is corrected. It would be nice for the program to pick up where it left off, if a partial download of a particular album has already been started. I noticed that when I would restart an album download, much of the initial time was spent redownloading images that were already in the destination folder.

Please let us know if you have figured out the problem and when there is an update. This program would be great otherwise.

Let me see if I can be of any help... rolleyes1.gif
    I have installed the plug in and it runs nicely most of the time.
    However if I am too much in a hurry it doesn't like and stops working.
    It likes to go easy. mwink.gif
    What do I do then ?
    I re-start Firefox and the add-on.
    On the left side of the panel I create a gallery called Transit for example and I go inside it.
    Of course it is empty because it is a new one. I click then the arrow pointing to the left and the download begins at an incredible speed.
    Then I click on the arrow to the left side and here I go.:ivar
    Files will be in the computer in a very short time.

Hope this simple and straight explanation helps. I did my best to explain. :D
  • SriniSrini Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 10, 2010
    I Raam, Thanks for Sharing this tool. I just downloaded your latest version and I noticed that the downloaded pictures cannot be copied to SD cards. Is this expected?
    I tried 3 different cards. 2 cards rejected all the pictures and I could copy only a few pictures to just 1. I receive "Cannot copy xyz: The directory or file cannot be created" error. I am using WinXP and I was able to copy the pictures from one folder to another on the harddisk but not to any SDcards. Please let me know if there is a fix for this. Once again, thanks for making and sharing this great tool!!
    edited August 10, 2010
    Srini wrote: »
    I Raam, Thanks for Sharing this tool. I just downloaded your latest version and I noticed that the downloaded pictures cannot be copied to SD cards. Is this expected?
    I tried 3 different cards. 2 cards rejected all the pictures and I could copy only a few pictures to just 1. I receive "Cannot copy xyz: The directory or file cannot be created" error. I am using WinXP and I was able to copy the pictures from one folder to another on the harddisk but not to any SDcards. Please let me know if there is a fix for this. Once again, thanks for making and sharing this great tool!!

I keep it simple :D I download to the disk to a temporary folder and then I re-move to where I want.
    I am using iMac clap.gif
  • Rene`Rene` Registered Users Posts: 207 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2010
    I downloaded RapidFetcher this morning and installed it. I was never able to connect to my galleries.
    A few minutes after I tried RapidFetcher I noticed Firefox crashing. Now, IE and Firefox crashes every single time I open it.
    Any suggestions???
    edited August 12, 2010
    Rene` wrote: »
    I downloaded RapidFetcher this morning and installed it. I was never able to connect to my galleries.
    A few minutes after I tried RapidFetcher I noticed Firefox crashing. Now, IE and Firefox crashes every single time I open it.
    Any suggestions???

Perhaps, uninstall and make a fresh start rolleyes1.gif
  • dborasdboras Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2010
    change email and password
    can you tell me how to change my email address and password, used it before and cant remember and need to use it again
    thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Big grins New YorkPosts: 0 Big grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited August 20, 2010
    edited August 20, 2010
  • sameerheresameerhere Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited August 21, 2010
    I am on mackbook pro and using smugmug pro account. Your app is creating only one photo with zero bytes. Its not downloading any photos. Is there any updates ? I really want this app.
  • vegasphotogvegasphotog Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2010
    just reporting on Vista RapidFetcher kept timing out and it was really a PIA. The Wiki pointed me to the Firefox Universal Uploader (downloads as well) and that worked like a dream.
  • PJSheaPhotoPJSheaPhoto Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2010
    Recently converted to a Mac after PC "died". Installed "MacDaddy" and downloaded 2000 pics. Program worked flawlessly, a very handy program that I would recommend to anyone.
    edited September 1, 2010
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    Sfariqueen wrote: »
    Is anyone out there?????? HELLPPPP! I need my images!! pleasssee!

Kris
    It's best to post in the thread on the subject. I moved your post here.
    edited September 5, 2010
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2010
    I was told someone named Raam is the head guru here to talk to but I havent seen him /her here. Anyone know where this person is?

Kris
    Go to post#1 http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=121361 and click on his name, and send him a message?
    edited September 5, 2010
  • raamraam Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    Hi Sfariqueen,

Let me take a look at your account, and will get back to you in a couple of days.

Ram
    Ram

Doc sent me a link to send you a note re RapidFetcher and I dont know if you got it or not. I get lost in Dgrin alot If you did I dont know how to retrieve any response so Im writing here again

When I try to use RapidFetcher and type in my name and password. I get a blank gray screen and a bar across the top that asks me to choose a gallery but there are no galleries to choose from

Also after I chose an image size it goes back to "no image" The image size wont hold.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Kris H

PS if you need it my sign in is KHPhotoFusion/
  • raamraam Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2010
    Just sent you a private message.

Ram
    raam wrote: »
    Hi Sfariqueen,

Let me take a look at your account, and will get back to you in a couple of days.

Ram
    edited September 8, 2010
  • trevorpdxtrevorpdx Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited September 11, 2010
    Not sure if this is covered in this thread or anywhere else, but I've searched, I promise!...

Here's my issue: I would like to make it so that some visitors of my site can download all the photos of a particular gallery at once. They are people I know, so I can give them instructions on how to do this, but I would rather not have them logging into my account as if they are the owner in order to do so. I am able to log in and do this just fine, but I'd like them to do it too without logging into my account. Is this a possibility?

Trevor
  • moonhousemoonhouse Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 25, 2010
    EXCELLENT application! I love it, thank you. However, it allows people to download images that are right-click protected. Is there a way to prevent this, or is there a way to only allow account admins and their assistants to download photos from your smugmug using this application? Also, just to make sure I'm not missing something...using rapid fetcher, guests can only download the largest size they are allowed to see in the gallery right? And only admins/assistants can download the original files if the gallery has a cap on the sizes to be viewed?
  • ownerowner Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    Excellent
    This is exactly what I was looking for - a way to back up all my galleries from Smug Mug.

Please keep me up-to-date on any latest releases...

PROBLEM: After trying the program - it doesn't seem to be downloading the FULL Images...

Instead I receive images that have no image / set to 0 bytes.. No file size.... My images show that they have been downloaded from Smug Mug, that part (download) works fine - but each image is at 0 bytes... Nothing was downloaded.

I have all the images / galleries in my computer (Windows 7 64 bit) - but cannot open any image - the image wasn't downloaded. It shows EACH and EVERY image is at 0 bytes. Therefore image won't open.

HELP...How do I get it to download the full image / so I can open them ?
  • ownerowner Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
    edited September 27, 2010
    Hello,
    I have tried Rapid Fetcher a few times, and it still is producing a Zero byte image. When the images are downloaded, it shows every image (over 600+) as 0 bytes.

How do I get this work correclty?

I note your update from May 24 2010, saying your new release should have fixed the 0 byte problem, but in my case - it has not.

Also, to download the links of the Rapid Fether program - there is no Windows 7 64 bit application. There is only Win 32 bit.

Does Rapid Fetcher NOT work in Win 7 64 bit ?

Also, how do I get the zero bytes removed into real images ?

Looking forward to the reply!
  • scotismanscotisman Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    Hi Raam,
    First let me say that I really like RapidFetcher. I work collaboratively with someone who is artistically wonderful, but not that computer savvy, and it looks like this is going to be a big help. (I love the URL based download/gallery identifier.)

HOWEVER, (and you knew that was coming, didn't you?) we are running into a bit of a problem when downloading large galleries (~1200+). It will stall out and eat up the systems memory. This is happening on a Win7 64bit quad-core (AMD) system with 4GB ram. It will be humming along, then suddenly the mem usage will go to ~80% as RapidFetcher stalls out. I did not see anyone else report this. Any thoughts?
  • AllYoursVPPAllYoursVPP Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    We had the same problem with trying to pull large galleries (and more of ours have over 5000 photos each gallery). We switched to using "FireUploader"

You must be a Mozilla; firefox user (so not internet explorer) but all of this is free to download and easy to navigate if you're not accustomed to firefox.

Use you internet and search and download Mozilla Firefox. It's just another internet web browser. then, go back to the Mozilla web site and run a search for an add on called "Fire Uploader" (On here it's one word...so you might try both).

It's so fluid to use; You select the gallery, the folder to drop it to, and click download; it's lightning fast to download. You can use this tool just as easily for uploads as well.

Loved rapidfetcher, but couldn't handle the loss and problems. Hopefully it'll get fixed!

Allie