Options

Keyword Search Results does not have Multiple Views (sideshow, traditional, thumbs)

gooseattackgooseattack Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
edited September 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Keyword is extremely important to me when it comes to sorting my pictures. I would like to request a feature -- to view the slideshow (viewers and choose based on thumbnails, elegant/smugmug, slideshow, journal, etc.) with searched keywords.

Currently, people who come to the website can view (thumbnails, elegant, slideshow, journal) ONLY through each gallery. If you want to search a general group of pictures, for example -- if you want to filter all "Lucy and Barry" pictures -- it looks for all the the keywords in all the categories and galleries, list all pictures with both Lucy and Barry, and you can view a slideshow.

Presently, when you do a keyword search...
You type in "Lucy"
Comes up with 213 results, click on the "213" link...
It brings you to a page that looks like a Lucy gallery.
However, there is not dropdown box where viewers can select thumbnails, elegant, or traditional views.

Would adding this enhancement be too difficult?

Thanks,
Lucy

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    I am kinda lost, I went to this page:
    http://smugmug.com/keyword/lucy

and saw over a thousand returns for Lucy - but not a 213. I went to the next page and was able to change template styles.

Send a link to the page you are talking about.
  • Options
    gooseattackgooseattack Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    For example, this website: http://gooseattack.smugmug.com/keyword/adrian

There is no "Style" dropdown box where I can select traditional, slideshow, journal, etc. Does this needs to be turned on somewhere?
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    Well, that user has chosen to add their own header and in that case removed the style drop down. Currently we don't offer a way to bring it back on keyword pages it looks like, so I can look in to it.

For example, this website: http://gooseattack.smugmug.com/keyword/adrian

There is no "Style" dropdown box where I can select traditional, slideshow, journal, etc. Does this needs to be turned on somewhere?
  • Options
    ScalaScala Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited September 23, 2005
    Because the keyword pages work differently in this respect, my customizations don't look so good when browsing keywords. Could you please make the style box markup on keyword pages equivalent to gallery pages?
    My smugmug site: www.majakorpi.net
  • Options
    gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2005
    Similar request from me, but ...

I don't necessarily want a dropdown style box for keyword photo pages. Rather I would really like a configuration option to assign a fixed format (like all thumbs) to keyword photo pages. This type of configuration option is available for regular gallery pages, but not for keyword photo pages.