Options

My latest challenge entry...

Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
edited November 17, 2010 in Technique
So I put a little effort into the current challenge that's goin on in the dgrin challenge forum. I started out with this....

1088536958_B7Pi6-M.jpg

This is where it went....

1088509469_2Stuo-L.jpg

The biggest thing was the lighting effects in photoshop. I created two light sources, one for the moon, one for the moons reflection. I also put the ripple in with Distort, Zig Zag from the filter menu. Outer glowed some orange dots for the fireflies and then duplicated that layer so I could flip it and bring down the opacity. Thus, giving me a slight reflection of my little friends. I think the last thing was masking with the hues to get my sky the right color of blue.

I'm not one of those people that has a vision and nails it. I wish I could be, but it just doesn't happen like that for me. Instead, I start with something and it goes through the transformation on its own. I had no idea that this was what I was gonna end up with. Hope you like it. :dunno
Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
Dreamin' of a resolution!:D

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    I've moved this out of the people forum, since this is not about people :D Still cool enough to share, so 'technique' it is!
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2010
    I like it! Good job and thanks for sharing.

Sam
  • Options
    rmannrmann Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    i love the darkness in it all, the lighting is great, the only thing that nagged me was the the orange lights...i like them but maybe there were too many? sometimes less is more right?
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2010
    that's well done for the most part. Couple of thing though... the reflection of the moon is actually much brigther then the moon, and the position in the water is much closer to the tree line then in the actual sky. I think the ripple would work better somewhere away fromteh center as well.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com