Options

Sea Dragons

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited August 18, 2005 in Holy Macro
Amazing looking creatures. They are said to have the face of a horse, the body of a snake, the antlers of a deer, the talons of an eagle, the scales of a fish, and the beard of a goat.

32340298-M.jpg

32340302-L.jpg

32340301-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    Very cool shots Khaos,
    I especially like the last one. Some really cool colors to work with:): and an interesting subject. Are these yours or where did you shoot them?

Thanks for sharing these,
    Chris

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2005
    Very cool shots Khaos,
    I especially like the last one. Some really cool colors to work with:): and an interesting subject. Are these yours or where did you shoot them?

Thanks for sharing these,
    Chris
    Thanks Chris.

I saw them at the Pittsburgh Zoo Aquarium. They were a challenge to shoot because the aquarium they were in was rounded and had sun shining in from one side and bright lights on the other. They're a little larger, around 10 inches, than your normal seahorse.
  • Options
    gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    leafy seadragons
    hi khaos

nice shots-thru the wall of a tank?

these are leafy seadragons and they live on the southern coast of Australia

a similar species,the weedy seadragon, lives near Melbourne in Port Phillip Bay.

gtc
    Khaos wrote:
    Amazing looking creatures. They are said to have the face of a horse, the body of a snake, the antlers of a deer, the talons of an eagle, the scales of a fish, and the beard of a goat.

32340298-M.jpg

32340302-L.jpg

32340301-L.jpg
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Options
    ajgauthierajgauthier Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2005
    great shots! Now I want to go visit a good aquarium and see some seadragons! (and jellies!)

Adrienne:):