edited November 20, 2010 in Landscapes
799-pr-r0045-v1.jpg
-
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 19, 2010
    Great shot and excellent light, Walter. I give you a lot of credit for being in such a gorgeous location at first light. You are not a lazy photographer.
  • Options
    rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2010
    Wonderful light, and a very nice photo!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    Great shot and excellent light, Walter. I give you a lot of credit for being in such a gorgeous location at first light. You are not a lazy photographer.

Thank you Joel. I shot a few the night before at twilight that I kind of screwed up. I was out there 10-12 years ago and remembered this comp, and how cool it looked at sunrise. I couldn't sleep, so after a couple hours I got up and drove back out the 25 miles to do it right.
    ront wrote: »
    Wonderful light, and a very nice photo!!

Ron

Thanks Ron. If I like it as much next week as I do now, I'll have it printed up 24x36 on watercolor paper, frame it and hang it in my living room. There's a lot of detail in this thing.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2010
    I love that light. You say it has a lot of detail, what body did you use? How about exposure(is it HDR)?
  • Options
    wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2010
    thanks.
    30 secs @ f16 iso 100
    nikon d300.
    Anybody can do it.