Options

Custom Printed CDs

Albert DicksonAlbert Dickson Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited November 24, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Anyone have recomendations for a "Custom Printed CD" source? Currently it seems that this is less costly than lazer jet labels. I've looked around the net and bulk orders seem to run .60cent/disk for 100 to 150 copies and then get cheaper with increased quantity orders. Any insights would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2010
    How about LightScribe? It's not color, but I turned to it after not wanting to do my own labels. A burner runs for under $100, plus they burn DVDs and CDs. Just something to think about. I can recommend mine if you like.
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    How about LightScribe? It's not color, but I turned to it after not wanting to do my own labels. A burner runs for under $100, plus they burn DVDs and CDs. Just something to think about. I can recommend mine if you like.

I do a lot of Lightscribe and even sometimes use the colored discs if/when appropriate. I just wish it didn't take 20-30 minutes per disc when printing a label that includes an image versus just text.
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2010
    Thanks fo the input. I realy think I would rather order bulk disks pre printed with my branding than print them myself. I will look at the lightscribe and do the math to see if it saves a buck. Thanks again for the ideas. I think at .60 cents per disk for 150 disks I can't go too wrong. Just thought someone might have experience with the quality and customer service of certain vendors.
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2010
    I use an old Epson 220 printer that has a CD tray to print directly onto printable CD/DVDs. Its not as convenient as a Lightscribe but it will do full color and is relatively quick. But it is a hassle and ink jet ink is not particulary cheap. I think that 60 cents per (by the way, its 60 cents, not .60 cents) is a bargain!
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    BrieyasmomBrieyasmom Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited November 23, 2010
    $.50 / each and I love them
    I ordered mine from http://www.blankmediaprinting.com/ and they were fast and look awesome. I bought 200 for $100.00 which I thought was very reasonable, esp with the quality.
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2010
    Brieyasmom wrote: »
    I ordered mine from http://www.blankmediaprinting.com/ and they were fast and look awesome. I bought 200 for $100.00 which I thought was very reasonable, esp with the quality.

That is a great deal. Thanks. I will definately take a look at these guys.