Options

central park pano

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 7, 2004 in Wildlife
4832708-L.jpg

does anybody like this? for the first time in a long time, i'm putting up a shot that i'm not sure if i even like it. it's actually a pano of two handheld ir shots taken today in nyc's central park. i stitched them with adobe cs photomerge.

yikes. :thumb or :puke1 ??

enjoy (not being sure) photography,

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2004
    Like it? Are you kidding, that shot is beautiful.

Fantastic. I gotta believe that will sell.

Very nice work IMHO.

I am jealous as ussual.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2004
    Love it. Made me go "wow". A very striking, memorable image. And I'm getting a little tired of this handheld nonsense, mister. Didn't they teach you to use a tripod back in the photography store? Imagine that, a beautiful panaorama that's handheld, and I can't tell where you stiched it (is that shadow on the water real?) I love your courage on the color.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2004
    Like the shot a lot, not loving the color choice.

Doug
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2004
    I think it's beautiful...
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2004
    greaper and wax....
    wxwax wrote:
    Love it. Made me go "wow". A very striking, memorable image. And I'm getting a little tired of this handheld nonsense, mister. Didn't they teach you to use a tripod back in the photography store? Imagine that, a beautiful panaorama that's handheld, and I can't tell where you stiched it (is that shadow on the water real?) I love your courage on the color.

thanks guys for the feedback. wax - funny on the tripod .. hehehe yeah, the shadow is really there in the original shots. it's a cloud's shadow...

thanks again guys
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2004
    hey thanks, damon!
    damonff wrote:
    I think it's beautiful...

thank you.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2004
    [QUOTE=andy

does anybody like this? for the first time in a long time, i'm putting up a shot that i'm not sure if i even like it. it's actually a pano of two handheld ir shots taken today in nyc's central park. i stitched them with adobe cs photomerge.

yikes. thumb.gif or :puke1 ??

enjoy (not being sure) photography,[/QUOTE]
    My first thought was "you gota be kidding" You have been working to hard. Take a brake.....this is realy good!
  • Options
    edited June 5, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    My first thought was "you gota be kidding" You have been working to hard. Take a brake.....this is realy good!

thanks sam!
  • Options
    SavannahManSavannahMan Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2004
    andy wrote:

yikes. thumb.gif or :puke1 ??

enjoy (not being sure) photography,
    bowdown.gifthumb.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifthumb.gifclap.gifbowdown.gifthumb.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2004
    Its wonderful... and strange..:D
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2004
    The composition and subject all are Acesthumb.gif by me ,but the toning... not my cup of tea,on that particular shot.
  • Options
    edited June 6, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    The composition and subject all are Acesthumb.gif by me ,but the toning... not my cup of tea,on that particular shot.

thansk. i don't like the blue either. did you see the other version i posted? with all the boats and the moon? hehee now that one i like. may not be everyone's cup of tea, but i do dig it ;)

it's right here
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited June 7, 2004
    Ghostbusters. All the way. I give it a thumb.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2004
    Maybe I am a wacko, but I like the blue one better. It is striking and unique. It grabs my attention.
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2004
    thanks doc and greaper ;-)
    GREAPER wrote:
    Maybe I am a wacko, but I like the blue one better. It is striking and unique. It grabs my attention.

this is an image i could mess with on a daily basis !!!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2004
    re Andy's terrible, frightening, excellent photograph
    andy wrote:

yikes. thumb.gif

I can see why you are ambivalent about that picture. I think it is a scene out of a child's nightmare and is very frightening. I think that the sky, in particular, lends to my natural tendency to recoil from the picture. At the same time, I think it is one of the better pictures I have seen. Anything that invokes such strong feelings, I think is very good. g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited June 7, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    andy wrote:

yikes. thumb.gif

I can see why you are ambivalent about that picture. I think it is a scene out of a child's nightmare and is very frightening. I think that the sky, in particular, lends to my natural tendency to recoil from the picture. At the same time, I think it is one of the better pictures I have seen. Anything that invokes such strong feelings, I think is very good. g

thanks for the very thoughtful critique, ginger! aw
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:

Me too, Greaps.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au