Options

Please, please, please!!!!!

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited August 20, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
:soapboxWhen you quote someone in your reply, please leave out all the original pictures. Seriously, we all know what you're talking about. We don't need to do all that extra scrolling for your one line comment accompanied by the same pics at the top of the page. Thank you.:smooch

Comments

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    1106.gifWhen you quote someone in your reply, please leave out all the original pictures. Seriously, we all know what you're talking about. We don't need to do all that extra scrolling for your one line comment accompanied by the same pics at the top of the page. Thank you.smooch.gif
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    Heh, I've been meaning to post a topic like this for a while...

Click the "Reply" button at the very bottom left of the thread, not next to post itself... then it won't automatically insert the pics.
    Chris
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    thumb.gif Im with Captain khaos.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited August 20, 2005
    If I repeat the photo as a small version is that acceptable?? - or too much of a burden?? Sometimes I think it helps to be able to see the image I am responding too, but at a reduced image size.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2005
    I never have a worry with someone reproducing in any size if they have specific comment but when someone has say 6 shots up & another replys with the entire 6 to say "great set/shots"

Even then i think it is a lazy thing to do to not trim the set to the one or 2 that the person wishes to respond/comment to.

To me its like leaving a tap running whilst brushing your teeth...nonsensical waste of time & bandwidth.

Gus
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited August 20, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    When you quote someone in your reply, please leave out all the original pictures. Seriously, we all know what you're talking about. We don't need to do all that extra scrolling for your one line comment accompanied by the same pics at the top of the page. Thank you.
    Amen brother!!!
  • Options
    XO-StudiosXO-Studios Registered Users Posts: 457 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    :soapboxWhen you quote someone in your reply, please leave out all the original pictures. Seriously, we all know what you're talking about. We don't need to do all that extra scrolling for your one line comment accompanied by the same pics at the top of the page. Thank you.:smooch
    15524779-Ti.gifthumb.gifclap.gif :encore ylsuper.gif
    You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
    Mark Twain

Some times I get lucky and when that happens I show the results here: http://www.xo-studios.com