Options

wedding album

QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
edited December 1, 2010 in Weddings
I finished a wedding album for Kim and Tyler. I used indesign for this.

http://www.danielkimphotography.com/Weddings/Kimberly-and-Tyler/KimTylerAlbum/14862449_2XkDi#1108984091_zXqQF
D700, D600
14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
85 and 50 1.4
45 PC and sb910 x2
http://www.danielkimphotography.com

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    I think your clients will be very pleased. Good Job!!!

Sam
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Oh I love it! thanks for sharing.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Oooo -

I was just about to ask you who you were using to print, but then I realized it's a public forum headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    marikris wrote: »
    Oooo -

I was just about to ask you who you were using to print, but then I realized it's a public forum headscratch.gif

I will be using finao for the albums.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    Matt's CameraMatt's Camera Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 30, 2010
    Nice job! Maybe it's just my personal preference, but I'd like to see more spreads with just one image or maybe two. It feels just a little cluttered to me. I think a couple of the spreads would seem cleaner without inset images on both sides. Were you trying to pack in a bunch of those great images and keep the page count down? Loving the images though! I'm sure they will love it.

matt
    Matt P | Website | Facebook
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2010
    Nice job! Maybe it's just my personal preference, but I'd like to see more spreads with just one image or maybe two. It feels just a little cluttered to me. I think a couple of the spreads would seem cleaner without inset images on both sides. Were you trying to pack in a bunch of those great images and keep the page count down? Loving the images though! I'm sure they will love it.

matt

So this is going to be on 12x12 book so the spreads are 12x24. It may seems bit cluttered on screen but in actual print it will look much less so...for example a vertical column of 3 images, each image is 2.7 inches by 4 inches...pretty decent size. Having just one image on a 1/2 spread is just underwhelming I think unless I get THE image.
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    So, I know this is rather odd, but you wouldn't happen to have gone to a small east coast private boarding school would you? I used to know a Daniel Kim (Korean as well) that I went to school with who was very artistic and smart :-) Small world?
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    FotobyMoMoFotobyMoMo Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Dan, I really like your work! Great stuff! One thing I'd say, and this may just be my opinion and don't hold it against me. I don't like to put B&W images in the same page as colored images. I've also noticed it in the videos: Masters of Wedding Photography 1 & 2. Have you seen them? I think each have 4-5 top wedding photographers and about 20 min video on each person and their styles.
    www.fotobymomo.com | www.facebook.com/fotobymomo

Gear List: Canon 5D Mm2 | T1i (backup) | 16-35 2.8L | 27-200 2.8L Mk2 | 24-105 4L | Sigma 85mm 1.4 | Canon 580ex flash
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Ooo - this was your "tilt-shift" wedding (love those shots)! I especially like the "purple page" from the reception with all the food.

I wouldn't even know where to start with an album, so probably a good thing I'm not a wedding shooter rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2010
    So, I know this is rather odd, but you wouldn't happen to have gone to a small east coast private boarding school would you? I used to know a Daniel Kim (Korean as well) that I went to school with who was very artistic and smart :-) Small world?

haha..nope. I did go to Cornell for college and spent some time in Lancaster PA as a child. I am not surprised though..all Daniel Kim share the qualities you mentioned hehe.rolleyes1.gif
    D700, D600
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2