Options

A reception....40 years later

kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
edited December 1, 2010 in Weddings
So my parents decided to have the reception they never had when they got married, 40 years ago. It was 50's themed, DJ, caterer, cake! It was much like a family reunion too. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment. Here is a link to the thread of the slideshow I made for them of our family throughout the years too, if you are interested.
http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=183204

Their first dance was a slow dance, followed by famous songs throughout the years
in fact..here is the video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE8w_Dnf244
it is actually pretty entertaining.
Ok, here are a couple pics:

1. their dance to the twist:
2vd5f9u.jpg

2 Pretty sure this is confusion (yes, that is a wig, lol)

240wrq9.jpg

3 Not so nice with the cake

sbucgi.jpg

4 The "photo booth" with a giant milkshake that was a giant pain to put together
2ds4ynb.jpg

5 Hula Hoop contest winner!
spky2f.jpg

and my adorable niece. I know they aren't the best pictures, but I hope they make you smile and remember your family!!

2yl1wki.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cab.in.bostoncab.in.boston Registered Users Posts: 634 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Very cute, and I'm sure your parents had a better time now with all their family than they would have had back then. Looks like everyone had a ball. thumb.gifthumb
    Father, husband, dog lover, engineer, Nikon shooter
    My site 365 Project
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Haha, tooo cute!! clap.gif
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2010
    Your mom's adorable!!!!

My in-law's had their 50th wedding anniversary last May and actually had cake this time. They got married at the courthouse on $13 - which they reminded us of several times during our wedding planning. It was soo adorable. I'm thinking I could have convinced them to dance like that, especially if a payment is involved.

Cute pictures and adorable dance!
  • Options
    krauzianimagekrauzianimage Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 29, 2010
    What a wonderful idea! They look like very fun parents and you captured some wonderful memories! I can't wait to do something like this for my 40th!!
  • Options
    kyeeziekyeezie Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Thanks everyone! We all did have a blast, and I would say, if you can do something like this, do it! It was great to see family and feel like I was at my parent's reception. My dad might have had to be bribed to participaterolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    yendikenoyendikeno Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2010
    Wonderful!
    I'm so glad your parents decided to do this. Looks like everyone had a great time! thumb.gif
    Regards,
    AZFred