busy shopping

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited June 8, 2004 in People
Had a supermarket shot as an idea for the challenge. I took a couple this morning whilst shopping but thought they were a bit weak so, inspired by Humungus had a go at a bit of masking, spent hours doing it, now I'm not sure !

4871161-M.jpg

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Had a supermarket shot as an idea for the challenge. I took a couple this morning whilst shopping but thought they were a bit weak so, inspired by Humungus had a go at a bit of masking, spent hours doing it, now I'm not sure !

4871161-M.jpg
    Hey, thats pretty cool gubbs.... this is how bored I am right now.....
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2004
    Thanks Lynn,

how are you doing now, are you on crutches or is it the wheelchair still.......
    I'll see if I can find a fresh supply of goats to stop you from getting too bored, I'm sure that'll help no end!

Gubbs
  • digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2004
    I like how the green lights draw the eye down the picture. I think that's one of the best elements of the photo (along with the people of course). The only part that I wish wasn't there is the woman in front. It would have been nice to stop at the man in the jeans and maybe colour a bit of the groceries and made that the anchor point.

But all in all, a very creative way to make a very ordinary,everyday activity look extraordinary.

Great job.

Brad

gubbs wrote:

4871161-M.jpg
    edited June 6, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Thanks Lynn,

how are you doing now, are you on crutches or is it the wheelchair still.......
    I'll see if I can find a fresh supply of goats to stop you from getting too bored, I'm sure that'll help no end!

Gubbs
    I'm doing great thanks gubbs.. wheelchair mostly as no weight bearing at all and crutches at times (I'm lousy on them). I can zoom around the house in the chair and get stuff done. This cast comes off in 2 weeks, stitches come out and a brand new fiberglass cast goes on.. oooooer, can't wait, what fun. Send me a goat or two will ya? or a sheep?
    p.s. I really like that supermarket shot... very interesting..
    :D
    edited June 6, 2004
    digismile wrote:
    I like how the green lights draw the eye down the picture. I think that's one of the best elements of the photo (along with the people of course). The only part that I wish wasn't there is the woman in front. It would have been nice to stop at the man in the jeans and maybe colour a bit of the groceries and made that the anchor point.

But all in all, a very creative way to make a very ordinary,everyday activity look extraordinary.

Great job.

Brad
    Thanks Brad,

Just been messing around with Mrs Purple, If i crop her out it seems to upset the balance, I might try taking colour out of her jumper ?? ne_nau.gif
    edited June 6, 2004
    Id like to see how that looks gubbs..
    edited June 6, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Id like to see how that looks gubbs..
    Added a couple more bits of colour too - worth entering??

4885517-M.jpg
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2004
    gubbs wrote:

4871161-M.jpg
    Way cool! thumb.gif
    edited June 7, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Way cool! thumb.gif
    Thanks Sam
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2004
    Very cool, nice job. I like the one minus the purple top better I think. It was too much color right in front before. IMHO
    edited June 7, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    Very cool, nice job. I like the one minus the purple top better I think. It was too much color right in front before. IMHO
    Thanks, me too
    edited June 7, 2004
    very nice gubbs.. I think thats done it don't you??
    edited June 7, 2004
    took a picture of my foot in the garden... good job some friends turned up to keep me company or I would have been bored to death....
    edited June 7, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    took a picture of my foot in the garden... good job some friends turned up to keep me company or I would have been bored to death....
    Laughing.gif.... you are getting bored... or are you back on the pain killers??
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2004
    Gubbs, I agree with t'others, a neat way to transform an otherwise ordinary shot into something more special. Your changes seem to enhance the feeling of depth down the aisle, as well.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited June 7, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Gubbs, I agree with t'others, a neat way to transform an otherwise ordinary shot into something more special. Your changes seem to enhance the feeling of depth down the aisle, as well.
    yeah right.....rolleyes1.gif
  • digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I would have thought this picture was real except I new that Gubbs was in the UK! rolleyes1.gif
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2004
    digismile wrote:
    I would have thought this picture was real except I new that Gubbs was in the UK! rolleyes1.gif

lickout.gif

Plus I saw the shot in another thread minus the friendsWicked.gif

What a beautiful garden. I am impressed. It must be nice to sit there on a quite evening and relax. Well it would be without the pain and the painkillers anyway. I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2004
    I like it gubbss...minus mrs purple though. Still a lot of tiny people way way off in the background out there to finish though. Hours of work though.

Just send the original to lyn to do rolleyes1.gif so long as she keeps the animals out.
    edited June 8, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    very nice gubbs.. I think thats done it don't you??
    Who knows, entered it in this weeks challenge anyway!

PS. nice socks!!