Options

Announcing SmugSeven on Windows Phone 7

blackgold9blackgold9 Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
Hey all,
I've finally gotten the first version of SmugSeven posted to the windows phone 7 marketplace.

Quick Summary:
-View all your galleries and pictures
-Download pictures to your device's picture storage (use them as wallpaper)
-Upload pictures from your phone's camera, integrated in the camera hub.

I'm working on picture syncing (offline viewing), more complete comment/metadata display, video downloading, and picture sharing.

If you have a windows phone, check it out, and please let me know how it can be improved!

Zune-Link to app below:

http://social.zune.net/redirect?type=phoneApp&id=8d375e17-29f2-df11-9264-00237de2db9e

Comments

• Options
    mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2010
    blackgold9 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I've finally gotten the first version of SmugSeven posted to the windows phone 7 marketplace.

If you have a windows phone, check it out, and please let me know how it can be improved!

Just downloaded it. Nice.

1) It shows me password protected galleries, but when I click on them, it doesn't display the photos. It acts like it is going to, but just displays a blank screen.

2) After my phone locks, and I return, on the screen where it is supposed to show the individual photo, I get a message briefly that says 'Video is not supported in this version'. It isn't video I'm trying to display.

3) In the list of galleries, it shows the hilighted image for some galleries, but others are just blank. Not sure why/how the ones that it displays are different from the ones it doesn't display. I'll investigate and see what I can find, if anything.

I'm sure I'll have other comments later. I'm on a Samsung Focus on AT&T .

Thanks for this application. I look forward to improvements.

Mike Strock
    mike.strock@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2010
    Thanks for downloading! A few responses.
    1) I'll look into that one, was not aware of this.
    2) This will be fixed in the next update (submitting today)
    3) Could it be the galleries with no highlight images are password protected?
    Just downloaded it. Nice.

1) It shows me password protected galleries, but when I click on them, it doesn't display the photos. It acts like it is going to, but just displays a blank screen.

2) After my phone locks, and I return, on the screen where it is supposed to show the individual photo, I get a message briefly that says 'Video is not supported in this version'. It isn't video I'm trying to display.

3) In the list of galleries, it shows the hilighted image for some galleries, but others are just blank. Not sure why/how the ones that it displays are different from the ones it doesn't display. I'll investigate and see what I can find, if anything.

I'm sure I'll have other comments later. I'm on a Samsung Focus on AT&T .

Thanks for this application. I look forward to improvements.

Mike Strock
    mike.strock@gmail.com
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2010
    blackgold9 wrote: »
    Thanks for downloading! A few responses.
    1) I'll look into that one, was not aware of this.
    2) This will be fixed in the next update (submitting today)
    3) Could it be the galleries with no highlight images are password protected?

3) No, they are not password protected galleries not showing the highlight images. Mostly regular galleries, not public per se, but not password protected private.

Mike.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2010
    How many galleries do you have?
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2010
    How many galleries do you have?
    Is there a quick way to tell? I look on my statistics page, but don't see anything. I can count them later when I get home and tell you, but don't know the number off hand.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2010
    I have 120 galleries.
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2010
    Hey All, I just released a SmugSeven update that includes 2 major new features:
    QuickTag support: Quickly add user-defined keywords to your photos (Tap and hold to activate)
    LiveTile support: See popular photos from around SmugMug on your home screen!

Enjoy!
  • Options
    FotosByStuFotosByStu Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited January 11, 2011
    There are a few Smug Apps in the marketplace. Is there a reason you don't offer a "try"al version? I like to try before I buy.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2011
    FotosByStu wrote: »
    There are a few Smug Apps in the marketplace. Is there a reason you don't offer a "try"al version? I like to try before I buy.
    Mainly because I havent figured out what to cut that would leave it a useful trial, yet still encourage a purchase.
  • Options
    Shade00a00Shade00a00 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 24, 2011
    Is there a way to integrate the app with the Pictures hub like the flickr app does?
  • Options
    edited March 8, 2011
    I'm currently as integrated as a regular 3rd party app is allowed to get. I havent really examined flickr's app, but if they do anything more than just provide an add-in menuitem, they were given special permission by ms.