Options

FS: Canon 100mm F/2 with UV fil & Cir Pol 280.00 shpp'd Pay PL'D

The Heavy HammerThe Heavy Hammer Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited December 5, 2010 in House of Canon
Lens sold:barb:barbCanon 100mm F/2 Lens .I bought this lens from a local seller .The seller said he bought it here from Divamum.The lens body looks fairly good but is starting to have some peeling of the coating on the lens on the glass .It does not affect the image quality at all this is very sharp lens.The seller said when he purchased it from this site that the seller Divamum said she bought it as a bargain lens from K.E.H .For a bargain lens it looks better than some lens that i have bought that where sold as very good.Just trying to give full disclosure here on the lens. The lens comes with a Tiffen UV filter,Tiffen Circular Polarizer,Front and Rear Lens Caps and Lens Hood.I am selling because i purchased a canon 100mm macro 2.8 IS lens and a 135 f/2 l

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Damn - if I had the money right now I'd buy it back in a heartbeat. I have SERIOUSLY regretted selling that lens because it is an amazingly sharp copy!
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    How are you liking the 100 macro 2.8 IS over the 100 2?
  • Options
    The Heavy HammerThe Heavy Hammer Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    canon100mm
    I love the macro capabilities of the lens and the IS helps quite a bit but for overall sharpness the !00 mm f/2.8 really doesn't edge the 100mm f/2 out at all they are about equal.I found the f/2 to have a slight advantage in color rendition when shooting portraits but thats why i bought the 135 l to take care of that situation .You can never have too much glass.
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2010
    I love the macro capabilities of the lens and the IS helps quite a bit but for overall sharpness the !00 mm f/2.8 really doesn't edge the 100mm f/2 out at all they are about equal.I found the f/2 to have a slight advantage in color rendition when shooting portraits but thats why i bought the 135 l to take care of that situation .You can never have too much glass.

Thanks for the reply. I find myself wanting to get the 100 L and the 135 L. Ahhhh....