Options

location scouting iphone app, PocketScout

dannowattsdannowatts Banned Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 6, 2010 in Digital Darkroom
hey everyone!

i've created an iphone app called PocketScout and i'd love to have everyone check it out. PocketScout makes location scouting simple!!

here's the website : http://pocketscoutapp.com
or you can view it on the app store : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocketscout/id391928117?mt=8

you can read the full back story of how and why PocketScout was born by visiting the website, but here's the brief version:

i've done many location scouting sessions with a point and shoot camera, garmin gps, moleskin and dealt with the frustration of tying them altogether after the fact. during one of my last trips out scouting, after I had taken a couple photos, written where about i was , how to get back to this location and redundantly described that photo in my notebook, i thought: there has got to be a better way to do this!

after that experience, i was determined to not let another scouting session turn out the same way again. so with a list of self-imposed requirements, PocketScout was born!

i'd love for you to try PocketScout and see if it helps you as much as it has helped me when scouting locations.
if you're interested in giving PocketScout a try and reviewing it that would be awesome. (it works worldwide, not just the united states!)

if you like PocketScout, tell your friends, tell the internet, talk about it on facebook, talk about it on twitter ( you can follow updates and info at PocketScout's twitter : @PocketScout )

thank you for taking the time to check out PocketScout, i really do appreciate it.

rocksteady,
danno~

Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,849 moderator
    edited December 5, 2010
    Hi Danno, can you give some sample scenarios where your application might be helpful?
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Hi Danno, can you give some sample scenarios where your application might be helpful?

i shoot mostly fashion editorial and advertising, so half of my time is spent in the studio and the other half on locations. trying to find new locations is a difficult task sometimes, but when i do find some i want to make sure i remember them and that when it comes time to look at some choice locations, i want to have them handy. since i always have my iphone on me, it allows me to capture, tag, save and share locations while i'm out and about. then when it comes time to shoot, having the ability to share the locations with my makeup artist, hair stylist, wardrobe stylist and assistants is crucial!

but that's how i use it. some of my beta testers have used the app for wedding locations at a specific outside venue to plan their locations for multiple weddings and then tag them with the appropriate tags.

i've had a beta tester who is a celebrity photographer who constantly needs new locations to take portraits of celebrities; celebrities don't want a backdrop or location to be the same as any other celebrity photo, so unique is key!

those are just a few select examples of PocketScout!

rocksteady,
    danno~
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2010
    PocketScout is on sale for $1.99 for the next 48 hours!!