Options

Can I ask?

dave.turleydave.turley Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited December 7, 2010 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi,
I don't know whether this is the right part of the forum to post this. I'd like to know how I would prevent another user downloading a photo and performing their own interpretation of it without my permission. I'm open to C&C, but it irks me a little when I may have spent some of my own time on something and then presented it for viewing, only to have a copy of it played around with for their own idea of how I can 'improve' it without me saying it's ok for them to do that.
Thanks and Regards
Dave

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited December 4, 2010
    Dave,

There's no technical way to prevent it. I think we're about evenly split whether unsolicited edits are OK or not, but if you put a notice in your sig saying that you don't want people to edit your images without permission, the vast majority of people around here will respect it.
  • Options
    dave.turleydave.turley Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    Dave,

There's no technical way to prevent it. I think we're about evenly split whether unsolicited edits are OK or not, but if you put a notice in your sig saying that you don't want people to edit your images without permission, the vast majority of people around here will respect it.

Hi Richard,
    Thanks for your reply. I'm not precious about it, it just grates a little. Like saying to Leonardo..."If you use 'liquify', you can get that Mona Lisa to smile a bit more naturally"...Not that I'm saying I'm anything special, just that I took the time to go out an take some photographs, and a few lines might prompt me to try a different approach rather than a wholesale, "Give that to me and let me show you what a real photographer does"...I'll try the sig thing though.
    Thanks and Regards
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited December 7, 2010
    ...it just grates a little.

indeed!