going to Norway

sparky675sparky675 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
edited December 13, 2010 in Accessories
I am finally going to Norway, Now I AM TRYING TO plan what goes with in the camera bag. Questions???
1. was thinking of adding a 1.4 tele instead of taking my 300, be used mostly on a canon 70-200 2.8. any suggestions, some seem to think they are not worth putting on a good lens
2. weight will be an issue, I love my Bogen but I need a small light weight tripod, any suggestions,
3. What to do about storage or just buy more cf cards
4. need to pick up a converter for charging batteries, any help
5. any other travel tips would be great. Hope to spend a lot of time hiking fjords for waterfalls and landscape photography.

any suggestions would be appreciated thanks Mark:dunno

Comments

• photagphotag Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 12, 2010
    Sparky:

I can respond to just a few of your questions. Charging of batteries-look on your charger and it will most likely show that it can be used for 110/220V. Just need to get a travel plug. Try ebay for one that is multi. Now storage is another question. Do you shoot raw or small jpg? I travel with a pocket portable 250g hard drive powered by my lap top. Which beggers the question of whether or not you will be traveling with a lap top? I also think you should just stick with the tele.

happy travels, Photag-guyH
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2010
    sparky675 wrote: »
    I am finally going to Norway, Now I AM TRYING TO plan what goes with in the camera bag. Questions???
    1. was thinking of adding a 1.4 tele instead of taking my 300, be used mostly on a canon 70-200 2.8. any suggestions, some seem to think they are not worth putting on a good lens
    2. weight will be an issue, I love my Bogen but I need a small light weight tripod, any suggestions,
    3. What to do about storage or just buy more cf cards
    4. need to pick up a converter for charging batteries, any help
    5. any other travel tips would be great. Hope to spend a lot of time hiking fjords for waterfalls and landscape photography.

any suggestions would be appreciated thanks Markne_nau.gif
    1- that should be fine...unless you are feally after wildlife per se....then the 300 won't really be long enuff..
    2- do not go small...go fibre carbon.....small means no stabilization..better off using a tree to lean against.
    3- transcend card (which I have been using for years) are as low as $18.99 for 8gb (133x - kinda slow not perfect for weddings or sports but I find accectable for wildlife and landscapes and portraits)...or the faster (600x) 16gb for around $75 at NewEgg.com..
    4- dress in layers....need good gloves ( I really like Serius (sp?) Thermax gloaves, I carry 2 pair of the cheap $9 ones and 1 pr of the $69 (I think they may have been on sale)...I also carry thermax baclava (rolls up into very tiny small ball but is extremely warm) and I would go for a good pair of Gortex boots and possbilly Gortex rainsuit from bass pro shops they have what I have found to be the less expensive rain suits....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• sparky675sparky675 Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    thanks for the info. No laptop going with right now, that might change.
    Art thanks for the reply. I will check out the transcend cards, as far as the carbon fibre tripod any suggestions at a reasonable price. I was looking at the 1.4 tele for saving weight. packing with more than 2 bodies and 3 lenses would get a little heavy. I did learn from my last trip where I made a tripod out of rocks for a shot that there is an easier way. thankns mark