'Tis the Season

rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
edited December 16, 2010 in Street and Documentary
1124551836_2BdUD-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2010
    Ok I'm going to say what first came to mind the second my mind absorbed this image.
    Holy Sh*T--this is an amazing photo! it is so good Rainbow--I mean it.

Brilliant--publish worthy--no I"m not drinking anything other than coffee--I'm just blown away by this image.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited December 14, 2010
    Terrific shot, rainbow. Lots to see and the composition works perfectly. clap.gif
  • Options
    streetpetestreetpete Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 14, 2010
    Agreed, great shot.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    I notice we have been slow here in pj lately--it's the busy time of year I guess.
    I just want to reiterate how much I love this street/pj photo--I wish I had taken it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Great job, i really like this one
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    toferbaseballtoferbaseball Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    Great shot Rainbow!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chris .. Aka.."Tofer"- Toferphotography toferphotography.smugmug.com ~ Canon EOS 7D 18-135 3.5IS / GoPro Hero4 Silver / Rebel XT (350D) ~ Tamron 17-35mm SP AF 2.8 ~ Sigma 28-300 F3.5-6.3 DG Macro // Canon 75-300 zoom // Canon 430ex // - (Motorola Droid) - Lowepro Slingpack ==> Facebook
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    I like Liz's response! It is indeed a "holy shit" shot. However...rolleyes1.gif...I'd crop it square and lose the guys in the left foreground. The Santa Hitting On His Helper is so fantastic that I want it to be a much more prominent element. In any case, it's freaking terrific! Ho! Ho! Ho!
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2010
    Thanks, everyone!

And Liz, thanks for the high praise, twice! It's nice to progress from a WTF shot to a Holy Sh*T shot. thumb.gif

It was originally slated to be part of a series, but I decided it needed its own thread. I just posted it in "Mini-Challenge #111, partly to show a different side of photographing winter to the many landscape/people photographers.
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    I like Liz's response! It is indeed a "holy shit" shot. However...rolleyes1.gif...I'd crop it square and lose the guys in the left foreground. The Santa Hitting On His Helper is so fantastic that I want it to be a much more prominent element. In any case, it's freaking terrific! Ho! Ho! Ho!

Thanks, B. D. But I ain't cropping nothin' that might cause it to lose its "H S" designation from Liz...