Options

Preserving Nature 1 Tree At A Time'

NewEnglandMomentsNewEnglandMoments Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited December 18, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
Not what you think here .... this is Not a Rain Drop , but a Piece of Tear Drop Crystal hanging...

Speaking of Hanging things , this effect was done hanging a Leaf in the position I wanted with a Piece of Wire , for a wind Blown look lol...
Please Do Not Edit My Images/or Use Without Permission..

Comments

• Options
    edited December 17, 2010
    Take Care Everybody!
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 17, 2010
    I'm only a drive-by Dgrinner these days and only read a small fraction of the new posts any more. This is a pretty high-trafficked site, and nobody can read every post. Basically I do a quick scan and look for posts of folks who I know, posts getting a lot of attention, or even a few ones at random. So this is the first post of yours I've seen. Both shots are excellent. One thing to keep in mind about post counts is that many, perhaps most of the views are from anonymous guests who couldn't respond even if they wanted to. I'm sure we've all done that on other sites.

You're new here, and very few folks know you yet. You can't realistically show up as a new person and expect folks to recognize your posts and flock to them. IMHO, one needs to build up a rapport on the site to gain some username recognition. You do this by interaction with fellow members.

I did look up some of your previous posts, and I really like your photography. However, I also noticed that you never acknowledge the responses that you have gotten on the threads you've started. I for one generally won't comment on future threads from folks who behave that way. Generally one gets out of a community what they put into it.

My advice would be to stick around, interact more, keep posting, and I'm sure things will pick up. thumb.gif

Regards,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    I'm only a drive-by Dgrinner these days and only read a small fraction of the new posts any more. This is a pretty high-trafficked site, and nobody can read every post. Basically I do a quick scan and look for posts of folks who I know, posts getting a lot of attention, or even a few ones at random. So this is the first post of yours I've seen. Both shots are excellent. One thing to keep in mind about post counts is that many, perhaps most of the views are from anonymous guests who couldn't respond even if they wanted to. I'm sure we've all done that on other sites.

You're new here, and very few folks know you yet. You can't realistically show up as a new person and expect folks to recognize your posts and flock to them. IMHO, one needs to build up a rapport on the site to gain some username recognition. You do this by interaction with fellow members.

I did look up some of your previous posts, and I really like your photography. However, I also noticed that you never acknowledge the responses that you have gotten on the threads you've started. I for one generally won't comment on future threads from folks who behave that way. Generally one gets out of a community what they put into it.

My advice would be to stick around, interact more, keep posting, and I'm sure things will pick up. thumb.gif

Regards,
    -joel

90 Posts in 13 Days I thought was pretty healthy , but understand what your saying Thanks..
  • Options
    Wicked_DarkWicked_Dark Registered Users Posts: 1,138 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Well that could also be part of the problem, it's hard to leave any meaningful comments when the forums are flooded with images from the same poster. FWIW the images in this thread won't load for some reason, so that's why I haven't said anything about them.
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2010
    Well that could also be part of the problem, it's hard to leave any meaningful comments when the forums are flooded with images from the same poster. FWIW the images in this thread won't load for some reason, so that's why I haven't said anything about them.

90 posts does not mean 90 photos lol.... Never mind Have a good one! Good Luck to everyone in your Photo Adventures!
  • Options
    TenThirteenTenThirteen Registered Users Posts: 488 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2010
    Pic won't load for me either :-/
    Canon Fan
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    Pic won't load for me either :-/

I think he removed it (them??) from his post.

I've only been on DGrin a few weeks myself - hope I don't offend anyone with my humor - still feeling my way around.

Feel free to comment and critique any of my pix - if I can handle little league parents and coaches (I'm an umpire), I can handle anything you guys can throw at me :D

Thanx
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses