Options

First shots with new lens

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited August 22, 2005 in People
These are the first shots taken with my new lens. Nikon 28-70, f2.8 ED. This is my first professional grade lens. I must say that I'm impressed with the sharpness and color reproduction with this lens. These two are right out of the camera with no sharpening!

32972321-M.jpg

32973670-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    These are the first shots taken with my new lens. Nikon 28-70, f2.8 ED. This is my first professional grade lens. I must say that I'm impressed with the sharpness and color reproduction with this lens. These two are right out of the camera with no sharpening!

Mitchell the first one is wonderful.. made me instantly smile and I recoginsed your daughter.. the second is very cute too but the little boy (your son?) has that fake grin :D both great keepers thothumb.gif that baby is ADORABLE!!!
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    Lynn,

Thank you for your kind comments!! After 56 views and no comments I was starting to get a little paranoid.rolleyes1.gif

Unfortunately, my once cooperative son has now found out how "funny" it is to make silly faces while daddy is trying to take his picture.eek7.gif It is a sad day for me to realize that my 7 month old is more cooperative than my 7 YEAR old!!:cry

Thanks for looking!
    lynnma wrote:
    Mitchell the first one is wonderful.. made me instantly smile and I recoginsed your daughter.. the second is very cute too but the little boy (your son?) has that fake grin :D both great keepers thothumb.gif that baby is ADORABLE!!!
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Super crisp. Of course, you have now entered the danger zone. Best give your wallet to your wife, because you'll be reaching for it a lot more often now that you've tasted top lens quality.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Hi, Mitchell, super sharp shots, wonderful family.

On show off son, keep photographing him, photograph him with no memory cards, photograph him w/ memory cards, let him photograph.

If he is like my kids, and most that I have photographed, he will soon get tired of showing off and will just ignore you.

Sorry, I so rarely check on the people thread. I knew you had a daughter.......you have the beginning of a "batch" of kids. Let him clown around.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Looks like a very nice lens Mitch. That is a nice focal length and I'm sure you will get alot of good use out of it. You are one behind me in the kid dept. We are at 7yr, 5 yr, 3yr & 18 months. Stopping at three might be a good idea:D .
    I was down in Anna Maria Isle. a little while back, nice place, but the red tide wasn't too cool.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    I will not be catching up with you! My breeding days are over.:D

Sorry to hear about your red tide experience. Hopefully it did not put a major damper on you stay. Anna Maria is a beautiful place. Did you make it up to Clearwater at all. If so, shame on you for not calling me.

I drove through Valdosta last month on my way to Callaway Gardens. I thought of you while I was shopping in the worlds largest $3 bookstore off of I95.rolleyes1.gif

tmlphoto wrote:
    Looks like a very nice lens Mitch. That is a nice focal length and I'm sure you will get alot of good use out of it. You are one behind me in the kid dept. We are at 7yr, 5 yr, 3yr & 18 months. Stopping at three might be a good idea:D .
    I was down in Anna Maria Isle. a little while back, nice place, but the red tide wasn't too cool.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    This is so true. I now have this absurd desire to own a Nikon D2X. Why a rank amateur like myself is so interested in owning such an expensive professional camera is beyond me!ne_nau.gif

I can already hear my wife complaining about how the $5,000 camera is too big and heavy!rolleyes1.gif
    wxwax wrote:
    Super crisp. Of course, you have now entered the danger zone. Best give your wallet to your wife, because you'll be reaching for it a lot more often now that you've tasted top lens quality.
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    I will not be catching up with you! My breeding days are over.:D

Sorry to hear about your red tide experience. Hopefully it did not put a major damper on you stay. Anna Maria is a beautiful place. Did you make it up to Clearwater at all. If so, shame on you for not calling me.

I drove through Valdosta last month on my way to Callaway Gardens. I thought of you while I was shopping in the worlds largest $3 bookstore off of I95.rolleyes1.gif
    Didn't make it to Clearwater that trip, but hope to one day. We had a great time, despite the red tide. I think we should try to get a group together down at Harry's place for some bird shooting.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com