edited August 22, 2005 in Holy Macro
32708206-M.jpg
Having some fun with a red hall light.

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited August 19, 2005
    Welcome to dgrin.:): Which brother does the posting here? :uhoh

I looked at your site - lots of very nice marketable images. Well done.thumb.gif

Re: this image - it is RED, and mildly intriguing. More like a background than an image in its own right for me. I am trying to figure out how a hall light was captured to look like this.ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 19, 2005
    This is Mike LaBarba, thank you for the welcome. We are now starting to market our images. The tough part is finding the markets.

As far as the image: It is a little red plug in light shot at a slow speed and moved during the process. I then adjusted the saturation/contrast and finally applied a soft effects filter.
    pathfinder wrote:
    Welcome to dgrin.:): Which brother does the posting here? :uhoh

I looked at your site - lots of very nice marketable images. Well done.thumb.gif

Re: this image - it is RED, and mildly intriguing. More like a background than an image in its own right for me. I am trying to figure out how a hall light was captured to look like this.ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    elfving73elfving73 Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2005
    Cool! I'm proabably more wicked than I thought...
    ... but I perceive a "sensual feel" from this image! It makes me think of red, hot lips! But, don't ask me to explain what the yellow is representing! rolleyes1.gif:D

Matty

32708206-M.jpg
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited August 21, 2005
    You are an animal... Cool...
    elfving73 wrote:
    ... but I perceive a "sensual feel" from this image! It makes me think of red, hot lips! But, don't ask me to explain what the yellow is representing! rolleyes1.gif:D

Matty
  • Options
    gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2005
    i like it too
    i can see lips too but also it gives a lava like effect-keep it up-i am into slow exposure artworks-one of the compliments I like for abstracts is
    "i like it but what am I looking at"
    32708206-M.jpg
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.
  • Options
    StanStan Registered Users Posts: 1,077 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    elfving73 wrote:

Matty
    I don't see sensual, I see broken yellow teeth and swollen, punched lips. Very effective thumb.gif

Cheers
    Stan