bgarlandbgarland Registered Users Posts: 761 Major grins
edited December 19, 2010 in Other Cool Shots
C&C welcome. :scratch

1129987590_oghSb-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited December 18, 2010
    OK, 89 views and no comments. ne_nau.gif I thought it was a cool idea but after taking the shot the composition didn't really work for me. I guess I was just over excited about my cactus blooming in December. :D

Any suggestions on how to shoot this better? I'm always looking to learn from my mistakes. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    My first time looking at it :D

Beautiful sunset ... just awesome. Since you'd like a suggestion ... I would of had the blooms be the only subject with the sunset.

I do like the angle you shot this at. Much better then straight on. I'm sure others will come along and make their suggestions which will be a whole let better then mine rolleyes1.gif

Oh..those 3 little pokie things towards the bottom of the bloom's stems. I'd clone those out. Do you have one with just the blooms and the beautiful sunset?
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2010
    Dogdots wrote: »
    My first time looking at it :D

Beautiful sunset ... just awesome. Since you'd like a suggestion ... I would of had the blooms be the only subject with the sunset.

I do like the angle you shot this at. Much better then straight on. I'm sure others will come along and make their suggestions which will be a whole let better then mine rolleyes1.gif

Oh..those 3 little pokie things towards the bottom of the bloom's stems. I'd clone those out. Do you have one with just the blooms and the beautiful sunset?

Mary. My daughter said the same thing about the cactus leaves ("pokie things"). I also wish I could have found a perspective with just the blooms and no tree on the left.

The cactus is planted in a 20 Gal cement planter and with the weight of the cactus it probably weighs close to 250lbs. I tried moving it to get a better perspective but it said bite me. :D

Maybe when my neighbors are traveling I can sneak over there with a chain saw and "clone out" the tree. rolleyes1.gif

I appreciate the input Mary, thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2010
    bgarland wrote: »
    Mary. My daughter said the same thing about the cactus leaves ("pokie things"). I also wish I could have found a perspective with just the blooms and no tree on the left.

The cactus is planted in a 20 Gal cement planter and with the weight of the cactus it probably weighs close to 250lbs. I tried moving it to get a better perspective but it said bite me. :D

Maybe when my neighbors are traveling I can sneak over there with a chain saw and "clone out" the tree. rolleyes1.gif

I appreciate the input Mary, thanks.

Dang neighbors tree -- Your lucky it just said to ya 'bite me' rolleyes1.gif

Then I would crop it to a 2 bloom shot. I know they say do it in odd numbers, but this is just too pretty.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2010
    I'll give that a try, thanks.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2010
    Something like this maybe?

1129987590_oghSb-L-1.jpg

Yeah I know, it still has the "pokie thing".:D
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2010
    Wonderful Brad -- that I really like, but do you? Even if I love it you need to too.

It really shows off the blooms so much more. They're nice and sharp thumb.gif

Ahhhhh...you might want to remove the pokie thing if you can rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2010
    I do like it a lot better. Thanks for the help. :D

I'll attack the pokie thing tomorrow.

I really appreciate the input and help. We all help each other grow so much.

Thanks Mary.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2010
    I do like it a lot better. Thanks for the help. :D

I'll attack the pokie thing tomorrow.

I really appreciate the input and help. We all help each other grow so much.

Thanks Mary.

Yes we are all here to help each other grow thumb.gif

Glad you liked it better :D
  • Options
    Brian_SBrian_S Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    great picture Brad, the sky is awesome, i hardly even notice the "pokie" thing :)
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited December 19, 2010
    Something like this maybe? Yeah I know, it still has the "pokie thing".:D

Much, much better cropped. The pokie thing doesn't bother me at all.