Options

Jellyfish!

Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
edited August 22, 2005 in Holy Macro
I went to the Birch Aquarium a few days ago mainly to look at some of the jellyfish. I've been interested in them for some reason. I've had some close encounters with some of these at Jr. Lifeguarding.

Here's a few of the Purple Striped Jelly:

32833031-L.jpg

32833012-L.jpg

32833035-L.jpg

Here are some of the rare Black Jelly. Theses only come out every once and a while. They have been out this year in very large numbers. I've been stung by one of these while swimming at Jr. Lifeguarding. It's not a ton of pain, but you sure do know that you've run into one! They are pretty much gone now. They supposedly live deep under water. Not much are known about these. The last time they came out was in 1996.

Sorry for the bad picture, I had to use my flash because they wouldn't show up otherwise. This is the best I could get.

32833026-L.jpg

I've never run into any of these before. I hear they have a pretty powerful sting though.

32833039-L.jpg

All of these images were taken with a 20D ISO1600. I was unable to do any type of post processing due to haveing next to no hard drive space on my computer.
-Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.

Comments

• Options
    HiggmeisterHiggmeister Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Hey Redbull,
    You have some really cool shots in there. I too love (to look at) jellyfish, their motion and colors are really wild. Also, it sounds like it's time to buy a DVD burner and archive some of those photos. What I usually do is when I archive, I create a contact sheet of all the photos and burn that to disk and also leave a copy of those on the HD. It makes it easier to locate the picture then.

Thanks for sharing these cool jellies,
    Chris

Now I have a hankering for some peanut butter:D.

A picture is but words to the eyes.
    Comments are always welcome.

www.pbase.com/Higgmeister

• Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    That's the thing, all my photos are off the computer. I will be buying an external hard drive soon so I can keep photos, videos, and music on there. I don't even have aenough space on the computer to defrag. it. It says I need at leat 6% of the hard drive space to defragment. I have less than 100mb of space at any given time.bncry.gif
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.