Options

Canvas prints.....who's the best online???

FreehandFreehand Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 22, 2010 in Weddings
Hello and thanks in advance for any replies. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions for an online vendor providing high end canvas enlargements.

I specifically need a 30x40 with black outside borders. I don't have a lot of head room in the image...the subject is framed tightly so there's no room for the image to wrap around the frame. The entire image must show front and center!

I see a lot of vendors and products out there and not sure who's reliable and relatively fast (given the holiday season). This is an important order that will be the focal point in a very busy restaurant and I need to get it right the first time!

Thoughts?

Thanks again and Happy Holidays...

Comments

• Options
    tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    I would give the good people over at Simply Canvas a call and see if they can meet your needs. There have good looking canvas with a well built stretcher frame. I've used them on quite a few orders and have been happy.
  • Options
    BlueSkyPhotosBlueSkyPhotos Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    I would also recommend Black River Imaging. Very happy with their canvas.
    Jacek
    edited December 14, 2010
    I strongly recommend simply canvas. Their float frames are fantastic. I've sold several of these and the clients have all loved them. It's a very elegant and finished look for this type of product.
  • Options
    Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    I 2nd the Black River Imaging.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    I'll throw out Artistic Photo Canvas. Been very impressed with their customer service.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    WHCC...or a.k.a. White House Custom Color. Fantastic results and pleased thus far, both on front end as user and end-result with happy clients.
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2010
    Canvas on Demand Pro is also worthy of consideration. They do a great job, have quick turnaround, incredibly protective packaging for shipping, and excellent customer service.

They also give you a free canvas when you open a pro account. It's not the size you need ( I think it's a 16 by 20 or 11 by 14"), but makes for a very nice sample.
    The last one I ordered for a wedding couple was 20 by 30 and framed, ready to hang. They were beyond thrilled with it.

http://www.canvasondemand.com/professional/
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    I noticed no one mentioned Bay photo...smugmugs pro online printer...

Any particular reason why?

I have a friend who's a photographer...and he uses their canvas thin wraps a lot...seems to like them...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2010
    WHCC...or a.k.a. White House Custom Color. Fantastic results and pleased thus far, both on front end as user and end-result with happy clients.

I second this!

They're SUPER fast with everything they do - I've ordered on a Monday morning and had prints at my door Wednesday at noon (a day to get them/print/prepare box) and they leave there the next day and I have them the day after that. Of course, I'm only about 400 miles from their closest office, but they have three locations. The canvases take about an extra day to do but they're awesome.

I all but force my clients to order metallic canvases when it's a b/w shot. :)

And yes, they do color on the sides - black or white.
  • Options
    edited December 15, 2010

I all but force my clients to order metallic canvases when it's a b/w shot. :)

Metallic canvases? How do they do a metallic canvas? Isn't metallic a by-default paper product?
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    mattdillonmattdillon Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 16, 2010
    smurfy wrote: »
    Canvas on Demand Pro is also worthy of consideration. They do a great job, have quick turnaround, incredibly protective packaging for shipping, and excellent customer service.

They also give you a free canvas when you open a pro account. It's not the size you need ( I think it's a 16 by 20 or 11 by 14"), but makes for a very nice sample.
    The last one I ordered for a wedding couple was 20 by 30 and framed, ready to hang. They were beyond thrilled with it.

http://www.canvasondemand.com/professional/

Canvas on Demand Pro had done all of my work thus far. I am not convinced they have a fast turnaround however. My average turn around for a canvas gallery print is well over a week. They do ship well protected and the customer service is very good. I use WHCC for prints, but have not tired them for a 1.5" gallery print yet so I cannot measure turnaround times. I know WHCC is very fast on print turnaround.
  • Options
    imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    Ed911 wrote: »
    I noticed no one mentioned Bay photo...smugmugs pro online printer...

Any particular reason why?

I have a friend who's a photographer...and he uses their canvas thin wraps a lot...seems to like them...

I must pipe in... I use Bay Photo EXCLUSIVELY and love them. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH... I ordered a 24x36 gallery wrapped canvas for a client. UPS crushed it---Bay Photo sent another IMMEDIATELY---UPS crushed it again---I provided photos to Bay Photo again and they sent yet another canvas immediately with "white glove" delivery... all at no additional cost to me. Needless to say, I was more than impressed. On top of that, the quality is great and I'm a huge fan of the Thin Wraps!
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2010
    I will also second using SmugMug and BayPhoto. I am not a pro but have been getting more and more prints. Between the color correction, the profiles, and SmugMug support I am getting results that blow away the professional we use at work. Other people have even commented that the pictures in my office look better than the hallway pics. Also having the SmugMug guarantee for quality is great peace of mind.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    Test-PilotTest-Pilot Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2010
    ghinson wrote: »
    Metallic canvases? How do they do a metallic canvas? Isn't metallic a by-default paper product?
    Not exclusive to paper... metallic canvas is a great product. Especially in glossy.
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2010
    I must pipe in... I use Bay Photo EXCLUSIVELY and love them. Their customer service is TOP NOTCH... I ordered a 24x36 gallery wrapped canvas for a client. UPS crushed it---Bay Photo sent another IMMEDIATELY---UPS crushed it again---I provided photos to Bay Photo again and they sent yet another canvas immediately with "white glove" delivery... all at no additional cost to me. Needless to say, I was more than impressed. On top of that, the quality is great and I'm a huge fan of the Thin Wraps!

So I'm not the only one with UPS issues?? Wow, amazing.

Metallic canvases are GORGEOUS - whites become a shiny silver, making you look at it twice to see what's really going on.

I love WHCC because they actually develop the picture and print it with emulsion, just like with film - it's never ink-jet'ed on to anything. Super super fast shipping and they're more than willing to help out, even staying on the phone with you until the problem is resolved.
  • Options
    edited December 22, 2010
    Talked me in to it. I'll be ordering a metallic canvas from them soon. You mentioned B&W's as such up above. Does it not work as well on colors? I have a good feel for which color prints I like to order on metallic paper, usually sharp, saturated ones. And I have a feel for which color prints I order on canvas, usually ones that are less sharp, more textured. I need to figure out how to translate this to metallic canvases. Might have to order a few as samples. Thanks.
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com