Options

Public browse categories not updated?

W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
edited August 23, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Is this right? When can we expect the updating of these to resume?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    Is this right? When can we expect the updating of these to resume?
    Anyone?
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Anyone?
    I'm not clear on what you mean. Can you help me out?
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    I'm not clear on what you mean. Can you help me out?
    Mike

If you select 'browse' from the bottom of the Smugmug screen, and then select a category, the most recently-posted galleries are dated around 16 August. There appear to have been no updates since. How can I see the most recently added/updated galleries?
  • Options
    JamesJWegJamesJWeg Registered Users Posts: 795 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2005
    Mike

If you select 'browse' from the bottom of the Smugmug screen, and then select a category, the most recently-posted galleries are dated around 16 August. There appear to have been no updates since. How can I see the most recently added/updated galleries?
    I have seen that before but it updated in a few days.

James.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    The public browse categories normally get updated several times per day but they haven't been upgraded since the last feature release probably to reduce server load during the release. Expect things to be back to normal shortly.

• Options
    edited August 22, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    The public browse categories normally get updated several times per day but they haven't been upgraded since the last feature release probably to reduce server load during the release. Expect things to be back to normal shortly.
    Thanks to you both.

I thought the major feature release might have something to do with it, but it's been the best part of a week or more now and I hadn't been able to find any announcement to verify this.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited August 23, 2005
    Mike Lane wrote:
    The strange thing is that some of the galleries shown in the Photography section have been updated, at least according to the dates shown. Some have not.headscratch.gif If I recall correctly, the galleries used to be ordered by date of update, most recent first.
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2005
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    The strange thing is that some of the galleries shown in the Photography section have been updated, at least according to the dates shown. Some have not.headscratch.gif If I recall correctly, the galleries used to be ordered by date of update, most recent first.
    Give it a while (not sure how long) and it'll be back to normal:D