Options

Need a gear geek to ask about lens mounts!

durazzidurazzi Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited December 29, 2010 in Accessories
I recently received a very generous hand-me-down: a box of 10-15 year old lenses and bodies. I would love to be able to use the lenses, but I can't figure out what kind of adapter-mount things I need (or if it's even possible).

The camera body is Ricoh. The lenses are all Tamron, and they fit the Ricoh.

The DSLR cameras I use are Nikon and Pentax. I've never looked into this before...lenses are so pricey that I usually stick with kit! Can anyone suggest how I might start searching for a fix for this happy dilemma?

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2010
    I could be wrong...but I think that Ricoh used Pentax K mount at one time, as did a lot of other camera companies.......are the Tamron lenses auto focus or manual....if manual they may be what were termed Adapt-all lenses meaning there were adapters that screwed onto the lens tube to make it fit YOUR camera.......

Edit: nope I wasn't wrong...............
    Here is a link that will help ....... http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-99.html ...... scroll a little more than half way down the page to the Pentax lens and it explains that Pentax - K mount was used on a variety of camera: Pentax (of course), Ricoh, Chinon as well as others....even the Sears camera had a Pentax K mount........Hope this is helpful.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    durazzidurazzi Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited December 29, 2010
    Thank you! That was helpful! And yes, a couple of them are "adapt-all" so I'll have to keep digging through the treasure box for the extra ring-things!
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,910 moderator
    edited December 29, 2010
    Knowing the exact Ricoh camera(s) model number(s) would be definitive in identifying the lens mount.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums