5310831339_5b35d5bba5.jpg
_MG_5030_28_29 by joevnsuffolk, on Flickr

5311417880_e1ab406386.jpg
_MG_4072_0_1 by joevnsuffolk, on Flickr

Comments

• Options
    jnsuffolkjnsuffolk Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    This is the same problem I had the first time I tried to post. ???? Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited January 1, 2011
    Andy has a page full of links that describe how to do everything here on dgrin

The 6th link down is how to post photos here on dgrin.

The short version is your code is wrong in your post.

An image link should look like this

[im*g]http://pathfinder.smugmug.com/Travel/Alaska-with-Marc-et-al-August/ship-in-the-fog-1000279/1020907393_RqRVq-M.jpg[/im*g] - Only omitting the asterisks in img, and inserting your own picture link complete as in mine above

1020907393_RqRVq-M.jpg
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2011
    Now thats really weird. Number 2 is all messed up. Somehow. the pic got split in have and the left and right half have been switched.
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2011
    You seem to have it now, I see three images, a B&W grain bin, a color lake with fountain, and a colored tire swing.

Can you link to larger images,perhaps? Approximately 800 pixels long? My image above is a medium sized image.

• Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    Joe
    I think the first shot works the best of the three but the HDR here has a lot of halos. I've been doing more HDR in the past 6 months and have found (and been told) that the more brackets the better quality HDR with less halos. I now routinely shoot 6 brackets (-3 or -2 to +2 or +3 by 1EV steps). Also, in Photomatix, you want to use the slider for light blending and limit yourself to a +/- 2 range to keep things from getting too crazy.
    Not sure what is going on in two - looks like two images seamed together
    Third would be stronger if shot much closer to single out the tire and tree.
    Hope that helps
    E
  • Options
    AFBlueAFBlue Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    pathfinder wrote: »

1020907393_RqRVq-M.jpg

Fantastic shot, Pathfinder!
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    jnsuffolk wrote: »
    Now thats really weird. Number 2 is all messed up. Somehow. the pic got split in have and the left and right half have been switched.

Took me a second to see what WAS wrong....but it makes for an interesting pic....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited January 1, 2011
    There are two approaches to HDR. One is the classic HDR appearance with the halos as in the above images, and the other is a shot that is not immediately recognized as HDR, until one studies it carefully, and realizes that the exposure range would be impossible to capture with a single shot.

While there are strong advocates for each school of thought, I have my feet firmly in both of them. I like living not in the either/or, but "lets try both" schools of photography.

Many "classic: HDrs shots ( with holes ) are really tone mapped single images, rather than actual HDR images.

My boat photo was not HDR of course, but a point and shoot DMC-ZS7 in flat light in Alaska.

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2011
    pathfinder wrote: »
    I like living not in the either/or, but "lets try both" schools of photography.

Good way to be....
    Why have cake unless you can eat it too, right?!
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited January 1, 2011
    Absolutely!

• Options
    edited January 1, 2011
    Yeah I've seen the halos. I kinda like a little halo sometimes. I have noticed though that the halos don't show up in print like they do on screen. Anyway Thanx for the input Its always helpful.