Options

Not sure which way to go....DSS #67

lilbillymakerlilbillymaker Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited January 3, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
So I'm still breaking in the new DSLR my hubby got me for Christmas :lust

And I have a very near-sighted "creative eye" so I'm really struggling not to get clobbered in the challenges I'm trying to compete in lol!

Are these "glass"-y enough?
I may have to do this in more than one post because I'm technologically impaired....

Comments

• Options
    edited January 3, 2011
  • Options
    edited January 3, 2011
    I have no idea how to select pixel size, please bear with me while I try to learn as I go! I had 2 more pictures of a completely different subject but they aren't able to upload headscratch.gif
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    I have no idea how to select pixel size, please bear with me while I try to learn as I go! I had 2 more pictures of a completely different subject but they aren't able to upload headscratch.gif

Best way is to host these somewhere and then use the photo-link button.

But these work fine too!:D
    tom wise
  • Options
    red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2011
    I find that the depth of focus is too narrow - I see what you're going for, but having SO much SO out of focus is a bit distracting. (ok, #2 isn't so bad)
    Also - I'm not getting glass from these shots - what is the subject? To me it looks kind of like ice.
    edited January 3, 2011
    red_zone wrote: »
    Also - I'm not getting glass from these shots - what is the subject? To me it looks kind of like ice.

That's what I was wondering, I was hoping to pull it off as something that looked just like glass but it's not working (it's ice, from a storm of freezing rain that hit my porch this past weekend). I have some hopeful shots of some glass ornaments that might work instead.
    Thanks for the comment :)
    #3 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?id=149022171816845&pid=311815
    #4 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?id=149022171816845&pid=318271&fbid=153389011380161