Options

Clematis front and back with Tamron

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited August 24, 2005 in Holy Macro
One of my favorite flowering vines. I have at least five different ones. The backs are interesting too...taken with my Tamron 24-135 macro lens. It works pretty well, me using it around 100mm and I like adjusting zoom when needed. You can get within around 8 inches...although for distance landscapes, I am not familiar with it yet.
33150549-L.jpg
33150554-L.jpg
33150565-L.jpg
32435853-L.jpg
32820809-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    PossumCornerPossumCorner Registered Users Posts: 290 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    Clematis
    Thanks Netgarden, really lovely. Had a good look at your site, your garden shots are terrific esp some of the roses and the fuschias. Are they all your garden ? must be awsome.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    really lovely, Linda - gorgeous in fact!

ann
  • Options
    burkeburke Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2005
    LOVE the fuzzy detail in the last one!
    great shots
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2005
    Thanks everyone, yes all from my garden, PossumC, but NO it's mostly UGLY! Weeds everyware. Neglected too. Thats why I take close ups!rolleyes1.gif
    I saw your album, and you have some beautiful clematis. Love the combo on the trellis! You have some really nice selections.thumb.gif

Thanks Netgarden, really lovely. Had a good look at your site, your garden shots are terrific esp some of the roses and the fuschias. Are they all your garden ? must be awsome.
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    Nice stuff Linda!! Plenty of detail in those pics - did you crop much?

regards
    alan

ps: nice to see you posting here again!
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2005
    Hi Alan, thanks for the welcome back. I have neck problems so sometimes I can't do my posting or editing!! Dang it.

Yes I do crop for the closest ones. For instance this one, I cropped about 2 inches off the right side of the full size photo to get rid of some bricks that distracted, and also get closer for the detail. Generally I open the photo full size in PaintshopPro and then crop down to whatever looks good. Have to crop out the weeds! lol [and of course if you want micro/macro detail cropping is the tool] The bottom one was about one third of the picture. I was amazed at the detail in that photo. Usually resizing makes it more crispy clear, but these I didn't need for that. The tamron is going to be useful for me as a walkaround. It was dead bright midday weather too, so I was happy with it.
    33150565-M.jpg

BigAl wrote:
    Nice stuff Linda!! Plenty of detail in those pics - did you crop much?

regards
    alan

ps: nice to see you posting here again!