Options

keywords and search engines

sberleysberley Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited August 24, 2005 in SmugMug Support
I'm in the process of uploading my galleries, and see that S*E unfortunatley didn't add the keywords to my images.

Now I have to go back and keyword them again. So....here's the question. If I keyword a gallery do all the images in the gallery actually inherit the keywords?

Also, from a search engine perspective, am I better off keywording each image separately than relying on the galleries - or even should I do both approaches?

Thanks a lot!

Steve
berley.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2005
    sberley wrote:
    I'm in the process of uploading my galleries, and see that S*E unfortunatley didn't add the keywords to my images.

Now I have to go back and keyword them again. So....here's the question. If I keyword a gallery do all the images in the gallery actually inherit the keywords?
    No the gallery keywords and the image keywords are separate things. It sounds like you want one set of keywords for a given gallery, if that's the case you're in luck. Smugmug has a batch keyword function that will let you add, replace, delete, etc keywords from just a few to all of your images. Give it a try!
    sberley wrote:
    Also, from a search engine perspective, am I better off keywording each image separately than relying on the galleries - or even should I do both approaches?

Thanks a lot!

Steve
    berley.smugmug.com
    I'm not 100% sure about this one. Anyone else know? My guess is that you'd be better off adding keywords to both the gallery and the images.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/